Where do you live and what do you do for a living?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
azoil
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azoil »

I am in Mesa, AZ. I have been with the same utility company for 23 years in power generation, currently as an O&M Supervisor at a 1200 MW combined-cycle plant.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I'm just about smack dab in the middle of Washington State. Born in Spokane and pretty much raised in Moses Lake, WA. Even though I ran all over the nation (military and work), I moved back home (WA).

I'm 51 years old and just about at my 20 in law enforcement (full time). I started out as a county reserve and it grew into full time. I worked the road on patrol for about nine years and was promoted to detectives. I worked narcotics for about two and a half years and transferred to major crimes. Worked major crimes for about a year and was promoted to patrol sergeant for about two years. Elections came along and there was a new sheriff in town which bumped everybody down. I went back to major crimes and I've been working there since (I literally hate working graveyard).

I was an NIASE certified Master Automotive Technician prior to going into law enforcement. Did that for about 20 years. Got tired of making no money or not having any benefits.

I love this forum. Great bunch of guys.
Old Law Dawg
bleeber
Levergunner

Post by bleeber »

Thanks for the welcomes!
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

I am retired after 25 years of service as an educator in bush Alaska. Now I just do any darn thing I please! :wink:

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

Bob Hatfield, it's good to see a fellow mountaineer coal miner here.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
loader
Levergunner 1.0

Post by loader »

I live in a small town in eastern South Carolina with my wonderful wife who is a middle school science teacher.

I am currently unemployed after being let go from my last position when I had to go back to WV fro 11 months to care for my ill parents. They both passed in October 2007

I was a buyer for a public housing authority and before that a buyer / lead warehouse tech for a gold mine.
Never take life seriously, cause there's no way of getting out of it alive.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

I live in Northeast Texas with my wife of 31 years. My son, his wife, son and daughter live about a 1/2 mile away. (Aren't grandchildren wonderful.) Spent 4 years in the Navy...Tin Can Sailor. Have family property in Presido County, Texas and Valencia County, MN. Worked in the same Machine Shop for 31 years....got out of the Navy on Friday, got married on Saturday and went to work on Thursday. Looking forward to retirement one day.....did I mention that Grandchildren are great....

jumbeaux