POLITICS - Obama's latest - you won't believe this!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

POLITICS - Obama's latest - you won't believe this!

Post by Old Savage »

From his mouth - You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

There has been a 24 point shift in white women.

Does he think this will help.

IT'S OVER!!!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

HATCHETTJACK
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Obama's latest - you won't believe this!

Post by HATCHETTJACK »

give a dumb butt a shovel, and they usually take care of the rest... :lol:
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

This campagne will turn into one of the ugliest in American history and it will start with the Democrats. They are on the losing end according to all the polls and they will now lower themselves to save what little chance they have of attaining the Oval Office. Obama will resort to name calling and being a gutter rat to garner whatever support he can get.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

When you get the presidential candidate on one side attacking the VP on the other side you know he has lost his ... shall we say cache.

A sorry accounting for how he would do in international dealings.

Apparently according to reports he has had a drop in money raising.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

L8agin
Levergunner 2.0

Post by L8agin »

:D :D
L8
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Re: POLITICS - Obama's latest - you won't believe this!

Post by brucew44guns »

If B.O. really said such a thing, it really upsets me. This rat has crossed the line with a statement like that. I should think it would bring wrath and terrible condemnation from every direction we can think of. It's a pretty sorry person to say something like this. How can the enemies of Palin sell this, or get B.O. off the hook? Wish I knew where he said it.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I've almost always been impressed with Harvard educated people... Almost! Stupid is as stupid does. He certainly isn't the first idiot that graduated from there, and ain't likely to be the last.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Hee hee hee. Haw haw haw. Even the Obama supporters are frothing at him for that statement. Even if he wasn't directing at Palin, it was a really poor choice of words.
I love this election.
it's TEOTWAWKI, it's TEOTWAWKI, and I feel fine.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

bruce it was said about McCain's policies with the clear innuendo to her due to the language of the last few days to week. They have been hitting the theme and he said of her before "same old thing".

Double entendre. Like a Harvard boy might use.

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

McCain's been using the "lipstick on a pig" line to make his point about different issues since he started campaigning last year. Nobody cares.

Palin said the difference between hockey-moms and dogs is lipstick. Nobody cared.

I guess it doesn't matter exactly what the words are, as long as the right person says them.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The left - lead by Obama - is so terrified of Palin that they will stop at nothing to destroy her. The wizzed right past any foundation in truth about an hour after McCain first announced Palin as his VP pick - because there simply isn't enough truthful stuff to criticize her on to bring her down, and that is the end goal. For them they are smart enough (it pains me to say) to see the obvious - it's not only about this election, but the future Palin presidency, and they want to stop it now. I fear some of the GOP may be in the same camp - those who live off pork and politics.

The latest attacks have been wild rumors floating around the net covering everything from her posing nude to burning books. All are false, but I guess their strategy is to cover every possible point with lies with the hope that either something will stick, or the sum total will be enough to sink her. We have indeed sunk to a new low as a nation... :(

McCain is barely on their radar at the moment!
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

As has been said earlier, McCain's been using the same words for a good while.

No surprises...both sides (and all politicians) lie. Palin lies about her "bridge to nowhere", selling the jet on e-bay, etc. And she continues to repeat the stories as if they are fact. Obama puts a spin on everthing, including his religious beliefs, gun control, wife's attitude towards America, etc. I'm just sick of politics, in general. As has been said, if they want that position that badly, they probably aren't the ones you want in power. But until we get a viable third party in this country to provide a real choice, nothing will change.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Even with that view which is a distortion, one side wants your guns.

alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Old Savage wrote:Even with that view which is a distortion, one side wants your guns.
OS, I won't get into a political argument with you (though there is no "distortion" in my statements -- happy to exchange facts with you off-line). However, I do agree with your comment about one side wanting to take away guns. My earlier comments are no indication of my voting preferences or decisions.
Last edited by alnitak on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Old Savage wrote:Even with that view which is a distortion, one side wants your guns.
What BOTH sides want is CONTROL of your guns.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.
I would have said that about Obama himself.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

FWiedner wrote:
What BOTH sides want is CONTROL of your guns.

:)
There's a lot of truth in that statement. And it's only going to get worse as the cities continue to grow and the entitlement population found in them demands more and more that the Government "protect" them from themselves (and the perceived threat from others).
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

It has happened here in Calif. where we are now outnumbered by those who want to be carried cradle to grave.

I don't think bullets need serial #s which are registered to the purchaser but dem lawmakers do.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Alintak,

The whole third party canard is useless - there is only one side that has or can put up any credible resistance to the anti gun, if you are not backing that you are not in the fight.

L8agin
Levergunner 2.0

Post by L8agin »

Live in a world of third party wishful fantasies-OK but yer gonna get either the republican ticket or the dem ticket. you can't complain it different. Move or get real and make a choice. Then write-call-stay on thier case and support the pro second orginizations.
Meanwhile shoot with a positive attitude and enjoy it. we might but a hole in that dam.
L8
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

Bruce,

You asked that you wish you knew where he said it.

He said it in Lebanon, VA on 9-9-2008. I was practicing with the SWAT team at the airport when he got off his plane. It was a rainy day and the only people at the airport runway were his staff, the people that got off the airplane ahead of him.

THERE WAS NO ONE waiting with open arms for him. It was EXTRA funny though because when he got off he threw his hands in the air and waved at the "crowd" that was not there, looking for a photo opportunity that did not exist. He looked like Richard Nixon waving peace signs as he stepped off the plane in that famous shot from the past.
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I wonder if I can re-register in Ohio, where I'm from originally. It's a battleground state.

Actually, I don't think there will be any battleground states after this. Heh heh heh.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

That idiot is already backpeddling on the news over his stupid choice of phrases. I saw a clip of the fool on FOX.

Too late pal, the damage has been done.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

L8agin wrote:Live in a world of third party wishful fantasies-OK but yer gonna get either the republican ticket or the dem ticket. you can't complain it different. Move or get real and make a choice. L8
L8 (and Old Savage) -- I'm not sure why you are jumping to conclusions about my post on the need for a viable third party. NOWHERE in what I wrote can one infer that I am either voting for the Dems or tilting at windmills chasing a third party candidate. It was meant as a commentary on the current state of politics. I have been a faithful Republican all of my voting life (and before). However, I am frustrated that the Republican party is just turning into Dem-lite with their policies. I now find my beliefs are more consistent with the Libertarian party, given that the Republican party has lost its grasp on its root tenets. I'm also sick of the partisan politics and the mechanisms of both parties that engineer their continued stay in power at the expense of listening to their constituency and/or doing the right thing. Believe me, I know the Dem agenda as it relates to guns. However, I'm concerned that the Reps aren't far behind (see the other thread just posted on the Repblicans submitting an AWB bill). My voting choice is clear in this election. But, Reagan was the last president I voted "for"; I'm really tired of the lesser of two evils as the only choice I have. And from where I sit, it isn't going to get any better in the future (history shows us it's only gotten worse) -- not when both parties are out to win the majority vote (which is now found in the cities).
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

He sure sounds foolish when he don't have a prompter telling his dumd butt what to say.
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

Then again I probably don't look to sharp when I spell dumb with a d instead of a b.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Alintak,

This from your earlier post, "But until we get a viable third party in this country to provide a real choice, nothing will change."

I was addessing the idea and not you in particular although I did cite it to you for your attention. Apologies if it seemed otherwise to you.

EnglishBarry
Levergunner
Location: West Yorkshire, England/Bantayan Island Philippines

Post by EnglishBarry »

We have had 3 "Main" parties in the UK since the 1920s, but in the last 50 years only 2 of them have been in power, Labour and Conservative, the liberals have only had a balance of power on a couple of occasions (I think). But nothing in the last 40 years. That is 10 Presidents. So having a third party doesn't always give an alternative to the other 2.

We have had the lesser of 2 evils voting style in the UK for 30 years or more. The last great Prime Minister we had was Winston Churchill and he was not a good peacetime PM. Before him was Pitt the younger, the rest have just been politicians. There doesn't seem to be anybody that you want to vote "for" any more. Why isn't Jack Ryan a real person?

Barry

:D :D
If the government doesn't trust me with my guns, why should I trust them with theirs?
Founder member of the dead hamster sky diving club.
Founding father of the underwater long distance gargleing team.
Last member of the terminally ill from living fraternity.
Amnesia rules..er
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Old Savage -- No problem. Thanks for the clarification.

EnglishBarry -- Good point. Still, it seems to me that a viable thrid party keeps the other two from either going to the extreme edges to differentiate themselves or meeting in the middle. Though your experience doesn't bode well for the efficacy of that model.

You know, as I think of it more, I guess just one party would do ... as long as their views aligned with mine! :D