Winchester legacy 94ae 45 LC

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
coobie
Levergunner

Winchester legacy 94ae 45 LC

Post by coobie »

I have bid on a winchester model 94ae legacy 45 long colt(used).How much is to much to bid?I know they are not making them any longer.Thanks for any info.coobie :D
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

As much as you want to. Seriously.

I've looked at the auction, it's a pretty rifle, the seller has an excellent track record, and the gun looks honest. Personally, I wouldn't go over $600 but that's me. I'm not looking at something like this as an investment and I can buy other guns that do the same thing, for less. They have been selling higher than what I would consider spending. IMHO, unless you're willing to go $800, you're not gonna own it, and it might go quite a bit over that.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Well, it is your money after all so I wouldn't feel right telling you how to spend it but since you asked...

Considering that one is used... with installed sling swivel in the buttstock... it's been shot... with few handling marks...and more than likely no box or paperwork...

I wouldn't pay more than what you've bid up to right now.

And If you're buying it to shoot, like Buffboy said, there's levers out there that do everything that one does and probably better that are brand new and cost less than what you're bidding up to.

But a 24" barrel on any rifle is way too much for me to consider doing anything with, so I'm a bit prejudiced.

But if you're just buying to have one in the Legacy version, bid till your heart's content.
coobie
Levergunner

Post by coobie »

I was thinking about keeping my bidding limit to $550-$575.I wanted to see what you good folks thought on max price for the 94ae might be.Thanks for the information.coobie :D