Ukraine Monday 10/10

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Ukraine Monday 10/10

Post by CowboyTutt »

This is from my FB page, and I don't travel there but annually, but today was rough day for me and my friends in Ukraine. -Tutt aka Andy Tuttle

I don't normally talk about what is happening in my adopted country of Ukraine where my Mom and family is from, but the last 36 hours were hard on my friends and things are always hard for my friend Max and his Mom, Anna, in Odesa. Russia tried to blow up the "glass bridge" over the Dnipro river in Kyiv and while initial footage seemed to indicate it had been destroyed, it was not and is still standing. I could not talk to my GF there for many hours due to no power or internet and she is on the Left Bank, which most of the time seems to avoid the worst of it. She and her little dog Bucky were much closer to explosions on the Left Bank this time, and my friend Alysa and her adorable 3 year old daughter Nina were also quite scared. I cannot imagine growing up as a small child under these conditions. It is so similar to the conditions my Mom, her sister and my Ukrainian grandparents grew up with in the early to mid 1940's. I find my Christian beliefs really challenged here, but not my faith in God, and the Holy Trinity, but my sheer anger to kill Putin and Russian's in general. That is where I find my faith and self challenged as these are not very Christian thoughts. Please give a kind thought or prayer to the people of Ukraine. The USA and the Western world needs to do more to stop these atrocities. Our moral weakness to directly confront the worst evil since Hitler appalls me.
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Ukraine Monday 10/10

Post by AJMD429 »

Prayers up for sure.

I have a few patients from over there and they share similar thoughts and fears and frustrations.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

yes prayers up for all concerned. it is Atrocious . . .
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

My prayers are with them. It’s about to get much much worse for them. This brinksmanship has unleashed the dogs of war. Surovikin is about to turn Ukraine into Syria. This is terrible.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I watch everyday and it's hard to take. We Pray for them each day. The people in Ukraine have there hands full and soon will be fighting not only Russians but winter as well. now much of Europe is going to freeze this year missing Russian gas and oil. at a meeting in Europe a few years ago President Trump tried to warn the leaders of what they were doing, being held hostage for energy . Now I bet they wish they had paid attention to what He said.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Absoultely Andy. Prayers up for sure.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Prayers up for all the victims there. The people who are causing it are not victims.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

right now my VPN is connected to a server in Ukraine, the lag is not too bad, a couple of seconds or less. if anyone is in communication with someone in Ukraine, it might be helpful to them if you connect to their local network. it would keep their traffic from being tracked, and keep it scrambled too, for their security. I bet the folks there are astute about this.

Prayers UP for their nation, their citizens, and their success.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Prayer sent!
Rumble.com/ hickock45
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Grizz, I don't know much about the internet in Ukraine other than it is pretty unreliable. All of my friends seem to use their phones and an App like Viber or What's App to communicate with me. So sometimes it probably going by cellular and encrypted or sometimes internet. Most of my friends cannot afford a computer there.

Thanks for the prayers Guys! My friend Max sent me a video of a missile flying over head yesterday. He and his Mom Anna are still OK, but its terrible.

-Tutt

Update: Just heard from my friend Yuri about an hour and a half ago. He is still in Southern Ukraine in the military, won't tell me where, but he is OK. Means a lot to me. One of my oldest friends in Ukraine. -T-
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel