POLITICS - Our wonderful governor.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

POLITICS - Our wonderful governor.....

Post by bigbore442001 »

Dear GOAL members and friends,

This requires our immediate action. We urge you to contact your State Representative and Senator and ask that they not support the Governor's Appropriations Bill.

On Sunday July, 13, 2008 Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick filed a special appropriations bill for fiscal year 2008. (As of the filing of this report, the bill had not yet received a number.) Within this bill sections 24 - 27 drastically increase certain firearm licenses.

Sections 24 & 25 attack lawfully licensed firearm dealers by increasing their license fees from $100 for three years to $250. Then it adds a $100 inspection fee in years two and three of the license. This tactic would now turn a $100 three year dealer's license into a $450 three year license.

Section 26 would increase a resident License to Carry fee from $100 for six years to $200 for six years.

Section 27 would increase a non-resident License to Carry fee from $100 for one year to $250 for one year.

"In light of the recent Supreme Court ruling, this new proposal from the Governor can only be viewed as an attempt to tax people out of their civil rights," said Jim Wallace Executive Director of GOAL. "With this new proposal, the Governor continues to demonstrate his willingness to attack lawful gun owners while doing nothing to reduce violent crime. The highest court in the nation has ruled that citizens have an individual right to possess a firearm and now our Governor is trying to tax us out of that right!"

GOAL is urgently requesting that our members contact their local representatives and senators immediately and ask them to make sure this ridiculous tax on our rights does not pass into law.
I have to laugh to an extent. This fool campaigned on a promise for change . Well, we got it. He raised taxes, fees and tolls. In addition, he drove 10% of the most productive citizens in this state to move elsewhere. What a fool.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: OT: Our wonderful governor.....

Post by Sixgun »

This really burns me up :evil: You have an idiot gov and so do we here in Pa. I just don't understand why we have to continually fight for our RIGHTS. I am almost beginning to want the economic breakdown to happen this winter.------------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Of course I oppose it and fight it... but consider that a $450/yr license isn't nearly as expensive or intrusive as a Liquor/Food license...

True, the BATFE can kick in your door and shoot you up, but the Revenuers & Health Inspectors are even more prevelent... and don't forget the "A" in BATFE = Alcohol.

Shut 'em ALL down I say, but untill that happens, fight but don't whine too much... a liquor license here costs 4 or 5 times what a Gun Retail license costs...

OTOH: Sections 26 & 27 are absolute bovine scat...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

If all firearms owners voted against these characters they wouldn't be there.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Savage wrote:If all firearms owners voted against these characters they wouldn't be there.
THAT's the fundamental problem of politics - too many people vote for whoever will line their pockets the most. It isn't just "welfare moms" either - I know many hard-working individuals who say they "have to" vote for whoever will protect their jobs or income. You can't blame them as individuals protecting their turf and income, but using the guns of government for that purpose is really immoral, like it or not.

The OTHER problem is that most of our voters are now so young they don't even remember most of the mistakes our government has made, and they vote in the same type of loser politicians who repeat the same bad actions.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: POLITICS - Our wonderful governor.....

Post by Pete44ru »

Be careful, about how you refer to the presumptive Vice-Presidential candidate - or Homeland Security's gonna be all over you! :o

Remember: "Thick as Thieves". ;) :mrgreen:
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Kind of funny to have to pay to exercise YOUR bill of rights.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Jeeps wrote:Kind of funny to have to pay to exercise YOUR bill of rights.
It’s is no wonder 10th Group is in Colorado now.
It is not the critic who counts
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Old Ironsights wrote:Of course I oppose it and fight it... but consider that a $450/yr license isn't nearly as expensive or intrusive as a Liquor/Food license...

True, the BATFE can kick in your door and shoot you up, but the Revenuers & Health Inspectors are even more prevelent... and don't forget the "A" in BATFE = Alcohol.

Shut 'em ALL down I say, but untill that happens, fight but don't whine too much... a liquor license here costs 4 or 5 times what a Gun Retail license costs...

OTOH: Sections 26 & 27 are absolute bovine scat...
I must point out that one cannot defend himself with alcohol, nor keep his government in check. And I don't believe alcohol is specifically mentioned as a protected right in the Constitution.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Otto wrote:...I must point out that one cannot defend himself with alcohol, nor keep his government in check. And I don't believe alcohol is specifically mentioned as a protected right in the Constitution.
Very true. Which is why I said you should fight it. Absolutely you should fight it.

I'm just providing a little perspective.

OTOH, FWIW, the Right is to "Keep and Bear", not "To be able to operate a business without taxation".

Unfortunately.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Old Ironsights wrote:
Otto wrote:...I must point out that one cannot defend himself with alcohol, nor keep his government in check. And I don't believe alcohol is specifically mentioned as a protected right in the Constitution.
Very true. Which is why I said you should fight it. Absolutely you should fight it.

I'm just providing a little perspective.

OTOH, FWIW, the Right is to "Keep and Bear", not "To be able to operate a business without taxation".

Unfortunately.
After reading your previous post more carefully I believe I understand your point a little better, and I certainly agree about getting rid of BATFE. How did alcohol, tobacco and firearms come to be the jurisdiction of one agency anyway? Sounds more like a fun Saturday night than a governmental body.

Just a joke, we all know (I hope) that guns and alcohol don't mix well.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
footlong
Levergunner

Post by footlong »

The gov of Ga just signed into law making it legal to ccw carry on mass transit and restaurents that serve alchohol.
Theres also a part for some types of convicter felons to carry if their debt to society is paid. The ding bat mayor of
Atlanta wants the airport excluded because sehe sys that terrorists are more likely to be. (now thats where I would need my gun most) Some of you may not agree with the felon part. Dont they need to protect them and theirs too?