Gunstocks Inc

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Gunstocks Inc

Post by Old Shatterhand »

As I need a new stock for my Win 1912 16 ga, I am planning to order one from Gunstocks Inc (www.gunstocksinc.com). I have changed some mail with them, and they answer fastly and friendly. But what are your experiences of the firm and their products?

At Brownells and Jeff's Outfitters the stocks for m12 are out of stock.

Regards,

Old Sh.
Winchester model 88 .308 WCF
Winchester model 71 .348 WCF
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Gunstocks Inc

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Shatterhand,
I know you require a 16GA stock but out of interest Numrich Arms have Model 12 stocks in 12GA for $59.10 and Stock and forearm at $82.65.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I have used two of their stocks. Both had good quality wood, but the inletting was very poor and the wood was not concentric. Both produced good stocks, but it did require substantial work. They also have had some problems delivering by the promised date. I would use them again, but I would be aware of the above. For those who would have a nervous lock up about these things, best to shop elsewhere.
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Charles wrote:--- the inletting was very poor and the wood was not concentric.---
That's worthful information. Does "not concentric" mean that the inletting for the action or the hole for the stock bolt was not properly centered?

Regards,

Old Sh.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

The action and barrel inletting was not on the mid-line of the stock. But there was plenty of excess wood to straighten things out. Another was to express this is there is more wood on one side of the stock than the other.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

A friend of mine in Canada sent in his Puma stocks so they could be exactly copied in a black/grey laminate. He paid over a hundred dollars for the "custom fit" that didn't fit at all. They required hours of inletting but did eventually fit. I wouldn't use these guys.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Thanks for all comments! Then I have to add a second question: where would you advice me to look for a stock? Some fitting and finishing is acceptable, but not rough.
(Win 1912, 16ga field grade)

Regards,

Old Sh.
TwoCup
Levergunner

Post by TwoCup »

I purchased a thumb-hole laminated stock for my Contender carbine from them and it is very nice. Went to them after waiting 6 months for Boyd's to deliver.

TwoCup