Two individuals close my rifle range!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Two individuals close my rifle range!!

Post by Les Staley »

Couldn't use the range yesterday as a doe antelope chose my 100 yd berm for her newborn fawn nursery.. If I get a chance to take pictures of the twins, , I will, and someone will post 'em for me.. She is keeping them on the far side of the dirt bank I erected for the backstop, 155 yds from the dinneing room window.. set up the spotting scope for a better look. She is pretty smart, as coyotes know better than to travel across my rifle range.. later, Les
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Phew, I was about to get all worked up!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

I'm here for ya Les. :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Griff wrote:Phew, I was about to get all worked up!
+1 :shock:

Gotta watch that blood pressure!
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

+2 :D :D
I also was about to say what a bunch of &#^Q(&$ poop. However, that is cool.

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

We did have just that around here recently. Guy had a private shooting range on his land. Plenty of room for it (acres). Well made too - nice high and thick berm. Developments started springing up around him. He'd been there for years - decades. What do the new residents to the area do? Whine, complain, moan about the "evil" sound of gun fire, and fear of stray rounds. Shooting into the berm was shooting away from any homes, and he placed heavy tarps up in the trees to try to cut some of the noise. Did that satisfy these pansies? NO!

Gotta calm down... gotta calm down... gotta...
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I doubt they will stay long. We have to shoo deer and elk off the range from time to time. They walk right out there while you are shooting. Sometimes I dont even see them if I am concentrating on my shooting!
:shock:
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

We have deer walk onto a hot range all the time. Our club is in a National Wildlife Refuge and they have no fear. Ground squirrels taunt us during matches. They all seem to know we can't touch them.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Bronco wrote:+2 :D :D
I also was about to say what a bunch of &#^Q(&$ poop. However, that is cool.

John
+3 :lol: :lol: :lol: so when is hunting season? :twisted:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Glad to hear it was two deer! I was just rolling up my sleeves and dropping my gloves.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

not to hijack the thread, our silhouette range has to install $15,000 worth of baffles because of one homeowner who built downrange (with a mountain in between) two years ago.

Seems police shooters are shooting wild and hitting his property from time to time. The offending rounds are all .223.

If the baffles don't pass inspection, they'll close it down.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

I'm with KirkD and the crowd who were ready to roll up their sleeves and thump some heads for ya. Glad this was other than expected. :o DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

it's always fascinated/irritated/aggrivated me that when someone moves into YOUR neighborhood, YOU have to sacrifice something...

we moved here for the peace and seculusion where we are now six, nearly seven, years ago. two years ago a spec builder puts a trailer up next door. (next door being one hundred and fifty yards.)

who does he sell it to? a family with five kids who are into dirt bikes.

they moved here so they could raise cain and not be disturbed...

whose rights come first? their "rights" have totally comprimised our "rights"...we may have to relocate to regain the peace and quiet we once had.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

jdad wrote:We have deer walk onto a hot range all the time. Our club is in a National Wildlife Refuge and they have no fear. Ground squirrels taunt us during matches. They all seem to know we can't touch them.
Hmm. I have killed many a ground squirrel on local NWRs down here in CA. Vermin are vermin, no matter where they live. OR must have a different set of rules. :?
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

She moved them...

Post by Les Staley »

Easy, guys!! Thanks for the moral support.. didn't mean to touch such a nerve.. The antelope doe moved the kids off my 35 acres onto the adjoining ranch.. two or three hundred yards off my fence... but they look healthy and cute.. still no pictures... (thanks Ji, ) I own a small parcel between BLM (all youse guys public land) and a large ranch.. on a state highway.. 22 mile from Pinedale. If anyone is interested there are two parcels for sale across the highway from me, one about 30 acres and the other about 60.. and these are the ONLY private land near here, NO subdivisions, only a couple of big ranches.. but winters are ROUGH here, and LONG!!.. (keeps out the riff-raff).. Les
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Les,
What are those parcels going for?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
runfiverun
Levergunner 2.0

Post by runfiverun »

you want to wait for the oil field boom to go down a bit before you buy land near pinedale.
and he aint kidding about the cold part... it gets fetching cold there.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Parcels

Post by Les Staley »

rjohns94: The 30 is going for around $175,000 and the 60 for $275,000.. we've got a gas exploration/production boom going on right now.. Not a good time to be buying property.. I bought my 35 acre piece ten years ago for $50,000.. thought I paid a little high, but later realized I just bought a couple of years too early... Les
Bramble
Levergunner 1.0

Re:

Post by Bramble »

donw wrote:it's always fascinated/irritated/aggrivated me that when someone moves into YOUR neighborhood, YOU have to sacrifice something...

we moved here for the peace and seculusion where we are now six, nearly seven, years ago. two years ago a spec builder puts a trailer up next door. (next door being one hundred and fifty yards.)

who does he sell it to? a family with five kids who are into dirt bikes.

they moved here so they could raise cain and not be disturbed...

whose rights come first? their "rights" have totally comprimised our "rights"...we may have to relocate to regain the peace and quiet we once had.

Do they not sell gasoline in cans where you live ?
SoupOrMan
Levergunner

Re: Two individuals close my rifle range!!

Post by SoupOrMan »

Heh. We just got a talk about that at the clean-up day at the range where my dad is a member. The whole "good aim is everything, going over the berms will lead to lots of trouble" thing. Safety is paramount, moreso at this place... since a stray shot that goes over the berm could easily land in a neighbor's house, much less my own.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Two individuals close my rifle range!!

Post by Les Staley »

colo native: I got your pm, but can't seem to return a message.. try my e-mail at less@tribcsp.com Les
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.