Polymer 80

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Polymer 80

Post by GunnyMack »

Has anyone tried one of these? Supposedly pretty simple to finish.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: Polymer 80

Post by wm »

My thought is it would be an interesting project, and maybe at the end I would end up with a handgun reliable enough to trust my life to it but if my focus was a reliable self defense pistol …… well prices on polymer striker fired handguns are so reasonable I may as well go with a professionally turned out pistol. And beyond that if you were involved in a self defense shooting with a 'ghost gun' I can only imagine the hay a prosecutor or civil attorney could make about your state of mind before the shooting. Juries are strange beasts and if you get the wrong mix you could end up with people predetermining your character based on their perception of what a ghost gun is.

But as a PROJECT it could be a lot of fun and very challenging. My interest is more in wood, steel and history (Kentucky rifles or restoring a Mauser or some such history but that's me. That's just how I lean). But if you like the idea of working on polymer and experimenting with the various accouterments available for Glock like firearms I say go for it. Its like the AR platform …… I compare both to LEGOs …… all the fun is in the building.

Wm
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I agree with Wm......the Feds are waiting for anybody to step outta line by half an inch so they can make an example out of ya. I won't even send away for anything that might even be remotely construed to make any illegal project......Ive had people tell me that they send away for these 3/4 finished silencer kits.....I tell em they are nuts.....buy one legal....even at gun shows they sell this stuff.....I steer as far away from these tables as I can get. I'm so paranoid about ATF I carry paperwork for my shorty AR that says it's registered as a pistol.

Gunny...if you must build something.....go get a kit for a muzzleloader....
:D ---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

As a fun project, yet. The Glock ones look so SIMPLE (vs the AR-15/AR-10 ones).

One problem is that you can't ever sell one, as far as I know (maybe if you serial number it and go through the ATF somehow), so what happens if you want to sell it or when you die. (I know, some heir gets an 'unregistered' gun, I guess).

But....would you ever want to wind up with THAT gun in your possession if you had to use it in some legally-significant interaction (aka 'self-defense')...? Maybe not ideal.

On the other hand, if you worry that all registered guns will be confiscated, and you imagine that unregistered, unknown, Glock will be the salvation for your family to escape tyranny (.....to WHERE, by the way....?...) then it might make a good 'bury' firearm for doomsday.

The problem I have with all that is that we should PREVENT doomsday and PREVENT confiscation by PREVENTING registration and thus by PREVENTING 'universal background checks' - 80 million gun owners COULD prevent that, IF THEY GOT OFF THEIR BUTTS AND VOTED, or attended hearings, or wrote their legislaturds, but instead - they just stand around the gun shop and gripe. Ask them who their representative is, and they won't know, ask them if they've ever signed up to speak at a hearing over a proposed bill, and they obfuscate.

We are our own worse enemy.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me !

Like Jack said, could be we're being set-up.....

The bump-stock is the legal precedent that we were duped into believing was okay as long as we have the letter from the atf.....

I feel the same way about the 13" and 14" barreled slide-actioned "firearms" that are selling like hot cakes......

as we speak some numbnuts like you or me is being pulled over for a minor traffic beef and is going to found in possession of a supposed n.f.a. destructive device without the proper paperwork.....

More likely than not they'll ultimately let him go with an apology and he'll get his blunderbuss back but the evening news is also full of tragedies caused by mistaken cops.

I almost went to jail for having an ak-47 pistol. Know it all cop just mustered out of the army insisted it was a chop-job. If I had not had the receipt from the gun shop that he coincidently worked security off-duty, he would have drug me in to the gulag.

Same deal with a game warden and a 11" barreled percussion muzzleloader. Had to go up the chain of command right there in the mountains via cell phone to prove himself wrong.
m.A.g.a. !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I know this may be overly paranoid but I won't have any nfa material and my bud is the biggest nfa dealer in the county. I could have had many machine guns at cost plus any silencer (ok, suppressor) that's being made.

You can bet your azz all nfa people get put on a red list along with anyone who sends away for 80% finished receivers.

This country is currently in a state of civil war, whether you want it believe it or not. NONE of this pelosi that's currently happening makes sense. Trump threw a major monkey wrench in the gears of the people who direct the new world order and that's the only answer as to how so many people are vehemently against him.

Be prepared and stay off the red list.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well guys you all repeated what i already thought for myself! Dont want or need one.
I see Midway always having these 80% on sale and was curious if anyone had finished one and if it were reliable.

At one point i had thought about a glock and put a .22 slide on it just to have a dedicated glock 22 but i decided it wasnt what i should spend my money on.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!