For us disabled ( or temporarily disabled ) shooting types.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

For us disabled ( or temporarily disabled ) shooting types.

Post by 2ndovc »

I've been seeing these things advertised and finally went to the website to take a look.
Nifty range camera, smart phone/ pad gizmo for about the same price as a good spotting scope.
One of these would have been great last summer when I was having a hard time getting around. I'm better now but uneven and or soft ground is still a little challenging.
http://www.bullseyecamera.com/

The web site says the box is bullet proof but I'd hate to test that theory at $350!
Still think it's pretty cool technology.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: For us disabled ( or temporarily disabled ) shooting ty

Post by AJMD429 »

Got one at the NRA convention last year, and have just used it a bit. Really works pretty good though. I set it off to the side a bit, and about six feet away from the target. My Android phone sits by the chronograph, and I can see each new bullet hole and replay the old ones. Pretty cool. Haven't tried it out past 100 yards, but signal strength on the phone looks strong at 100 yards.

Not needed for 45-70 or 500 S&W if you have binoculars or a scoped rifle or spotting scope, but when I was messing with my 17 Hornet, you bet I appreciated it...! No way I could see those holes at 100 yards.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I believe there is a product on the market called iScope. It is an adapter that goes on a spotting scope, install your iPhone and instantly have video/stills at 20x or more magnification.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Thanks 2ndovc, I can see one of those in my future. Just now getting a little bit mobile after not being able to walk over 100 yds at a time.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Same here. It's amazing the things that you used to be able to do without thinking about it until you can't. It's certainly given me a new perspective on the world. If something doesn't work, adapt to it and make it work.
I've been involved it a project at the gun club to extend the access road closer to the range. There's a bunch of older folks that would love to get out and do some shooting but it's too much of a hike with guns, ammo, etc. to get from the current parking area to the range.

Doc,
Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping someone had some info if they worked or not.

jb 8)

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

2ndovc wrote:There's a bunch of older folks that would love to get out and do some shooting but it's too much of a hike with guns, ammo, etc. to get from the current parking area to the range.

Doc,
Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping someone had some info if they worked or not.

jb 8)
Dunno if it could be done retroactively, and if so, how many stations you could have, but I've always thought a station or two where a person could shoot from their car would be nice. May be liability and safety (real or 'legal') would prohibit it. At my house we have 100 yard range (just one double-wide shooting bench for me plus one kid/guest) but path (old logging road) enters range area at about the 10 yard line. A friend who was very debilitated (and depressed because he thought he's never get to shoot again) was able to come and park there and get some 90-yard 'car-door-rest' shooting in. When he shot an AR-15, the brass stacked nearly on his dashboard. I was worried noise might be loud for him, but muzzle was outside vehicle so he said it wasn't too bad.

As for the BullseyeCamera, I will have to man-up and get in some range-time with it this summer so I can do my duty and report back. Rough work, but someone has to do it.... :D
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I think the liability ( insurance wise) would be an issue for shooting from a vehicle. The plan right now will get whoever needs or wants to use the new parking area will get them within a fairly easy walk for most people. Not quite ADA accessible but close and could be made that way pretty easily. It's a small club and some of the older members have stopped participating because it's getting too difficult for several of them so we would like to keep them involved for as long as they want to be. We don't want them to think that their presence isn't wanted or appreciated.

jb 8)

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

2ndovc wrote:I think the liability ( insurance wise) would be an issue for shooting from a vehicle. The plan right now will get whoever needs or wants to use the new parking area will get them within a fairly easy walk for most people. Not quite ADA accessible but close and could be made that way pretty easily. It's a small club and some of the older members have stopped participating because it's getting too difficult for several of them so we would like to keep them involved for as long as they want to be. We don't want them to think that their presence isn't wanted or appreciated.
Yeah - if they could just pull their vehicles up close, and be with a few dozen feet of a bench, that would help.

Or use wheelchairs to get up to the bench/line.

Or have a 'buddy' system for them, where they would pair up with another person who would promise to meet them at the range and help them haul their gear. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO GET YOUNG PEOPLE TO DO THEIR PART.

Sales pitch (to scouts, 4-H'ers, and others) - "You want to learn to shoot with a seasoned veteran rifleman...? Then sign up to be a 'junior shooter' and get two free days a month at our range, just for pairing up with one of our older shooters...."

hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

Well shoot, what a swell idea.

hayabusa
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

A couple folks are using the bullseye camera at my range out to 500 yes. Works great. And from inside the range house I can watch the target on my ipad
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Bulldozer
Levergunner

Post by Bulldozer »

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.