Costs You $82 -- to Get $100 Cabela's Gift Card?!?!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Costs You $82 -- to Get $100 Cabela's Gift Card?!?!

Post by Old No7 »

I haven't done this -- yet, that is -- but a regular posted on another gun board has done so several times, and he says it 100% legit.

Click for Link to Discounted Cabela's Gift Cards on ebay

So... Has anyone here done this, and can confirm it works OK?!?!

Hunting Season is coming, I've got some purchases to make!!! :wink:

Old No7
Last edited by Old No7 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Costs You $82 -- to Get $100 Cabela's Gift Card?!?!

Post by Hawkeye2 »

They have a low percentage of negative feedback but the ones I read were scary. I guess it's buyer beware. $100 card for $82 + shipping which I couldn't get the listing to calculate but from the reviews it seems to run about $8 (less than $1 for them to send) so you save $10. The real downside is that it can take several weeks to get the card.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Not surprised. I was in Cabelas yesterday for some boots and bullets. Signs all over showed $100 gift cards for $90. I got boots that were $139, on sale for 107, but they were offering an additional 25% off everything in store. My $139 boots were $83 out the door. So a $100 git card under those deals would cost $67.50, so selling it for $82 means they are making a profit.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The last time I stopped by the Maine Cablea's to buy my Maine non-resident hunting license, the Cabela's greeter pitched me to open a Cabela's Visa account, which included a $25 credit for opening the account.

When I asked the greeter if the $25 credit could be used towards the purchase of the hunting license, the answer was "yes" !

Sooooooo, I strolled over to the customer service counter, opened the Visa account, and promptly bought the $116 license for $91 - an unexpected discount for something that wasn't even a Cabela's product

Crazy ! . :roll:

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I have a Cabelas Visa card and I have to say they are some of the best people to deal with I have ever seen. No down side all positive.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Hungarian
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hungarian »

All the employees at the company I work for get 10% off Bass Pro....buy a gift card for $90 and get $100 card...any amount. Nice if you are making a big purchase like a boat.
I wish we had a Cabelas discount like that.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

I saw these $82 / $100 gift cards on Amazon also. I called Cabelas and was told you can use them as cash for guns, ammo, licences, etc.

It was a special they were running for only a few hours.
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I did the same as Pete. Stopped in to buy a few old guns they had in the Gun Library, and they offered me a $25 credit if I opened a credit card there. Used it towards the gun purchase that day, and then tossed the credit card in a drawer. I'll never use it again, unless they give me some further discount for using the card!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/