By the numbers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

By the numbers

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'm a year and a half into my weight loss program, and have been in "maintenance mode" for the better part of almost a year of that.

By the numbers:

On January 1st, 2015...

I'm just over 6 feet tall
50 years old
221.6 pounds
Waist size: 42 inches (and tight)
Shirt size: XL to 2XL depending on the brand

Today, June 8, 2016...

Still the same height
52 years old
158.0 pounds
Waist size: 32 inches (and loose)
Shirt size: small to medium depending on the brand

Low-carb diet my friends. The weight just flies off and as long as I avoid sugars, processed foods, wheat, starches and rice, I can eat whatever else I want and as much of it as I can eat. I have never counted a calorie the whole time.

My brother has lost 30 pounds doing this. Two friends in scouting have lost 35 and 25 pounds, respectively. If you need to drop weight, this is the way to do it.

This has helped my back immensely. Dropping 60+ pounds will do that! Still have back issues, but they are much more manageable.

Give it a try! :D
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: By the numbers

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Good for you!
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

Great. I agree about starches and sugar. Sugar seems to be the biggest culprit in weight gain.
Last edited by JB on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Your right, but ya have to watch maintenance. I lost at least 75lbs following the same program 15yrs ago in six months time. Kept it off for several years. Then fell back into the same old habits and now having to do it again. Finding it much harder to do at age 63 than back then!!
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Congratulations! :) That's quite an accomplishment.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well done Jay..... 8)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pizza, and beer :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
But, you're right...if I stick to meat, eggs, veggies, salad, and a little fresh fruit I can lose, and usually feel better, too.....

I've heard a few different places that a couple of cups of strong green tea will knock off about a pound a month just by itself....I can't prove that one.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Kid,
That's a very respectable weight loss. :D I know what you mean by "maintenance mode" so the only thing you have to do is just be "a little careful".

Personally, I think 158 pounds is too light for a guy 6-2. You could probably carry 185 pretty easy and still feel and look good.

I feel best at 175....my height is 5-8.5. Right now I'm on the upper end of 180's and feel a bit sluggish and I don't foresee a weight reduction as my full blooded Italian wife really knows how to cook which is hard to decline, along with the occasional bottle of fire water......yea..."occasional"......I lie :D ----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Good for you Jay!

Beats the "coma diet"! :o 65 pounds in four months. Being fed through a tube is no fun!
I was getting scary close to 300 pounds at 6'2" but now seem to be hovering around 220 or so. The Docs were worried about how such a rapid weight loss would affect me so they put me on a high protein diet that seems to be working. I was worried I wouldn't be able to stop losing any more weight. I've been able to start back with physical therapy just this week. The muscles in my arms and legs just disappeared. I start water therapy this Friday, that should help immensely.

I told Blondie I was going shopping for a new pair of Speedos today. :shock:
Didn't tell her they were water shoes so I don't slip and crash and burn.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

2ndovc wrote:Good for you Jay!

Beats the "coma diet"! :o 65 pounds in four months. Being fed through a tube is no fun!
I was getting scary close to 300 pounds at 6'2" but now seem to be hovering around 220 or so. The Docs were worried about how such a rapid weight loss would affect me so they put me on a high protein diet that seems to be working. I was worried I wouldn't be able to stop losing any more weight. I've been able to start back with physical therapy just this week. The muscles in my arms and legs just disappeared. I start water therapy this Friday, that should help immensely.

I told Blondie I was going shopping for a new pair of Speedos today. :shock:
Didn't tell her they were water shoes so I don't slip and crash and burn.

jb 8)
Jason, you certainly did it the hard way. I wouldn't recommend that for anyone (and I know you wouldn't either)!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Continue to heal up!