Winchester question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Winchester question

Post by Rusty »

I have been thinking about my ultimate levergun and what it might be. A Winchester 94 or 64, I'm not sure which. I'd like a curved grip. A 24-26" barrel. Chambered for .30-30, with a button magazine.

I was thinking that 94's all had straight stocks and '64's had the pistol grip type stocks. Then I saw the articles in the new Winchester magazine I just bought.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Everybody likes something a little bit different. Go for it.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Plenty of vintage 1894 Winchesters were made in just such a configuration, then standardization and the Model 64 was made to meet the demand; then a dry spell. Then in '71 came the NRA Centennial commemorative, which gave way to the Model 64A and another dry spell; interspersed with a couple of similar commemoratives; and then 1994's Centennial Model; and lastly another gap to the early 21st century which saw the introduction of several pistol-gripped models.

(The above is not wholly accurate, but then it's not grossly inaccurate either!)
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!