Yesterday I saw.......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Yesterday I saw.......

Post by RIHMFIRE »

at our small local gun show...
an 1860 henry rifle in excellent condition....a beauty for $50,000...

Right above that, a special order Winchester 1886, post 1900, I forget the year, in almost in as new condition
octagon barrel, button mag, take down, deluuuuuuux wood, crescent but plate, cases color, semi buckhorn sight,
correct to the factory letter...38,000 smackers...
he also had a bunch of other antique rifles from Stevens single shots to double rifles....... This guy was at the wrong show...
This show does not have that kind of money walking through the door!

3 1873 in fair condition....1200 to 2500 bucks
loads of 94s ...flat bands, to SRC, and one 32 WS that was a real deal, early 1900s, crescent butt plat standard wood, sights, etc,
in absolutely beautiful original condition for 1400 bills...I really wanted that one....

Saw a few commemoratives....a Oliver Winchester 94 in 38-55 with a box of commemorative ammo....
I was not interested in the gun...and offered to buy the ammo.....
He said ....OH NO NO NO.....that goes with the gun.....But you can buy these 2 38-55 Winchester 255 gr soft points boxes for 17.50 a piece.....SCORED those!!!
Those are 45 bucks a piece at midway if they are available....which is never...

Saw a original 1895, $1500....model 71, for 2200 bucks....2 1894? marlins in 22.....one cased colored...a few modern marlins
Rossi's, and a few more modern Winchesters.....
one in 375 BB for $675 with a side mount scope....Can you side mount a scope with the factory screw holes?????

This show also has the typical ammo, jewelry tables, jerkey table, books, holsters, concealed carry purses, etc........and a chocolate table!
a chocolate table.....It was a fun morning..
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Yesterday I saw.......

Post by Blaine »

I think we're gonna need timeshare guns one of these days.... :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

RIHMFIRE wrote:at our small local gun show...

one in 375 BB for $675 with a side mount scope....Can you side mount a scope with the factory screw holes?????
The early ones yes. The Weaver 3C. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/157419 ... e-3c-gloss
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Sounds like a gun show from yesteryear.......say the 60's and earlier.

The gun shows nowadays aren't really all that interesting. There can be a few exceptions along each aisle, but overall "ho-hum"......gobs of black rifles, etc. At least up here in this part of the world anyway.

Looks like I need to attend some bigger shows and maybe a bit south of here too.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Compared to this 1860 Henry on Gunbroker, you missed a real bargain! You best go back and scoop it up! :P

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =510253115
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

horsesoldier03 wrote:Compared to this 1860 Henry on Gunbroker, you missed a real bargain! You best go back and scoop it up! :P

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =510253115
It was in similar condition to that one....
however, I did not ask to handle it.....I would have like to see the barrel and the inside of the action...toggle bolt and such...

I still cant get over the chocolate tables.....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Where was the show? I've not been to one in a while. Were you in Volusia or was this down in Orlando?
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:Where was the show? I've not been to one in a while. Were you in Volusia or was this down in Orlando?
it was at the Volusia county fair property....right off I-4
I may go to the Orlando show if I don't go hunting.....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

It might cool off enough for some hunting early in the day. A cold front is supposed to come in tomorrow.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
remshooter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by remshooter »

shoot about 1988 in a gun store in lexington ky ,i saw a 1860 henry with a ky inf or cavelry unit stamped in the stock ,they wanted 1,200 for it,that was a lot back then for a rifle ,but that was a lot to me for a gun i could not shoot due to lack of ammo ,was 24 and buying guns to hunt with ,boy wish i bought it and put it back then
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

RIHMFIRE wrote:at our small local gun show...

Right above that, a special order Winchester 1886, post 1900, I forget the year, in almost in as new condition
octagon barrel, button mag, take down, deluuuuuuux wood, crescent but plate, cases color, semi buckhorn sight,
correct to the factory letter...38,000 smackers...
he also had a bunch of other antique rifles from Stevens single shots to double rifles....... This guy was at the wrong show...
This show does not have that kind of money walking through the door!

3 1873 in fair condition....1200 to 2500 bucks
loads of 94s ...flat bands, to SRC, and one 32 WS that was a real deal, early 1900s, crescent butt plat standard wood, sights, etc,
in absolutely beautiful original condition for 1400 bills...I really wanted that one....

Saw a few commemoratives....a Oliver Winchester 94 in 38-55 with a box of commemorative ammo....
I was not interested in the gun...and offered to buy the ammo.....
He said ....OH NO NO NO.....that goes with the gun.....But you can buy these 2 38-55 Winchester 255 gr soft points boxes for 17.50 a piece.....SCORED those!!!
Those are 45 bucks a piece at midway if they are available....which is never...

Saw a original 1895, $1500....model 71, for 2200 bucks....2 1894? marlins in 22.....one cased colored...a few modern marlins
Rossi's, and a few more modern Winchesters.....

This show also has the typical ammo, jewelry tables, jerkey table, books, holsters, concealed carry purses, etc........and a chocolate table!
a chocolate table.....It was a fun morning..
Sounds like my kind of gun show, would probably come home broke........again !!! :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BlaineG wrote:I think we're gonna need timeshare guns one of these days.... :(
No doubt!

That is a much nicer gun store than I've ever seen!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Daisyman wrote:
RIHMFIRE wrote:
Sounds like my kind of gun show, would probably come home broke........again !!! :lol:
you have no idea how hard it was to walk out of there with just 3 boxes of ammo....and not that 32WS
well at least I did not have to explain anything to my wife! :lol:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS