sighting in red dot sight, 348 Winchester

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

sighting in red dot sight, 348 Winchester

Post by big bear »

I have put a Burris Fast Fire II on my Browning 71 carbine. What is best target type to use for zeroing this type of sight? I am shooting 348 winchester factory duplication load, Hornady 200grbullet, loads with H4831sc and IMR4895. Zero at 100yds or 200yd zero. Load is about 2500fps. Thanks!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: sighting in red dot sight, 348 Winchester

Post by vancelw »

What is the parelax set for?
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

Manufacturer says Fast Fire II is virtually parallax free 15-150 yards.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I guess I could have looked it up myself since I have one.
To me, zero range is mostly a personal preference. My B71 has a Williams FP on it. I'd be tempted to sight that red dot in at 150, even if I set it 2 or 3" high at that distance. Then you can always shoot at farther targets to see where it hits. If you try to zero at 200, the parellax could have you chasing zero.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

we shot 1 in on a glock 17 with a 22 conv. and it shot in at 150' in 2 adjustments,put it on the 9mm upper and it would not cycle every time. the guy has left it turned on for at least 8 mts and it still is on.Gerat battery life,not like the cheap ones that go dead in a few days.
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
Glenn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Glenn »

Big Bear, I have red dots on several target pistols, and seem to get good groups using a black bullseye target that is about twice as big in diameter as the red dot.
Glenn
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

like a clay pigeon turned around??
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

So... I will use black bullseye and sight it 3" high at 100yds which is about equivalent to 200yd zero... yes? no? I got a ridiculously good group today with a Redfield Red Diamond pattern sight at 100yds. 3 shots under an inch. With my peep sights I would typically get 2 shots very close then throw one 3-5" out. This makes me think the problem was me and the iron sights and not the load. H4831sc 66gr, CCI LR primer,Hornady 200gr bullet. ( Warning! use stated load at your own risk, data given just so you know what I did)