Cabela's - Fort Mill, SC

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Cabela's - Fort Mill, SC

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, the newest Cabela's store is set to open in Fort Mill, SC, just south of Charlotte on the NC/SC border (but on the good side of it :D ), not 3 miles from my house! :D :D :D The grand opening is this Thursday, but I got a pass to go in tonight. Took Y2K and the store was packed with others who got the same deal.

This store is about 1/2 the size of their "regular" store (about the same size as the one in Greenville, SC - about 2 hours away). Has everything the larger store's have, but the non-sale displays (like the trophies and fish tank) are smaller.

They had a good gun section, with a small "gun library". Lots of reloading supplies :D , and a reasonable section of blackpowder supplies (though no Goex blackpowder itself).

Ammo racks were full. .22's were limited to 2 50-round boxes or 1 100+ round boxes. I picked up a short-brick of 333 rounds of the Federal Auto-Match for $18.99.

This is going to be dangerously close to my house!!!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Cabela's - Fort Mill, SC

Post by Rusty »

I buy a lot of stuff from Cabelas and have one of their Visa cards. On one hand I wish we had one close by. On the other hand as long as there isn't one in our state I don't pay sales tax on items I buy from them.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Jay, I bet Mrs YK is really pleased for you...... :twisted: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ysabel Kid wrote:This is going to be dangerously close to my house!!!
And, I thought 30 was too close! But, overcoming temptation builds character. :twisted: :roll:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

How was the levergun, older rifles and pistol selection?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I am highly jealous :mrgreen:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Mine is about 30 minutes away...A consideration if I'm not headed that direction anyway. I love my Cabela's Visa...best customer service I've had in decades...AND, I've built up about 140 bucks in points..... 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

That sounds great Kid....
Your gonna have to get a part time job there to pay for all those goodies! :wink:

Is there any difference between Cabelas and Bass Pro stores?
Never been to a Cabelas....but have been to a bunch of bass pro shops...
Daytona is suppose to get a Bass Pro across from the track 2016-17.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

The Bass Pro shops I have been in don't have a Gun Library for used and higher priced guns. I think some might.

Other than that, I get them confused and forget which one I'm in.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote:Hey Jay, I bet Mrs YK is really pleased for you...... :twisted: :lol:
She's concerned I'll start working out of their lobby versus my home office! :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

3leggedturtle wrote:How was the levergun, older rifles and pistol selection?
Some in the "Gun Library". Not a lot yet, and pricey. Typical of many such places - much of the stuff is slightly to very overpriced, but every now and again you find a good deal. I was impressed with the prices on the primers, powder and .22 ammo.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

RIHMFIRE wrote:That sounds great Kid....
Your gonna have to get a part time job there to pay for all those goodies! :wink:

Is there any difference between Cabelas and Bass Pro stores?
Never been to a Cabelas....but have been to a bunch of bass pro shops...
Daytona is suppose to get a Bass Pro across from the track 2016-17.
I am tempted. Actually, I want Y2K to get a job there and me to get a family discount! :D

I like both stores, but Cabela's is better on gun-related stuff. Bigger selection typically. Though... I found out today the Bass Pro Shops north of Charlotte (Concord, NC; about 40-45 minutes from my house) carries geniune Goex blackpowder! I am going to have to see if I can convince my local Cabela's to do the same!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Ysabel Kid wrote:This store is about 1/2 the size of their "regular" store (about the same size as the one in Greenville, SC - about 2 hours away).
Correction. I stopped by the one in Greenville today while out on business, and it is larger than the new one in Fort Mill. About half again the size, but still not nearly as big as some of the other ones I've been in. Doesn't bother me - they have everything a regular Cabela's has or will order it in! :D
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

Ysabel Kid,
My daughter lives just a half hour drive from the Fort Mill Cabelas.Now I have another good reason to visit family.
My Cabelas is 17 miles from my house in a large shopping area. Wife and I go for supper at one of the many dinning establishments. She shops , I shop. Great evening for both of us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Boreman wrote:Ysabel Kid,
My daughter lives just a half hour drive from the Fort Mill Cabelas.Now I have another good reason to visit family.
My Cabelas is 17 miles from my house in a large shopping area. Wife and I go for supper at one of the many dinning establishments. She shops , I shop. Great evening for both of us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Cabela's showed pure genius with the Fort Mill store. It is the first exit in SC going south on I-77. Same exit as the Carowinds theme park, and right across from it. I can see a ton of families going to the area, either spending the night and going to the park one day and the store the other, or the Dad going to the store while the wife and kids go to the park.
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

My son lives in Matthews (well actually Stallings) and a trip is planned for Easter weekend. May have to check it out.
Doesn't bother me - they have everything a regular Cabela's has or will order it in!
The store close to me in Wheeling WVa is huge and if it doesn't have something the distribution center across the street probably does! :mrgreen:
The Lord Bless You

Terry