You think you're tough...check THIS dude out...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

You think you're tough...check THIS dude out...

Post by AJMD429 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... syQDD6Lkm4

I'm not usually a sucker for sappy-news-stories, but this one got me.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: You think you're tough...check THIS dude out...

Post by Blaine »

8) 8) What a True Warrior. Every able-bodied person on welfare should explain why they can't work at something :evil:

When he's swimming, he's known as Bob...... (Dude, I'm so sorry :oops: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

That's a great piece.

That boy is blessed to have a family that encourages self-sufficiency and a "Can Do" attitude.

A bold heart will go far.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Good stuff. Ever watched Nick Vujicic? He's a good motivational speaker.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:8) 8) What a True Warrior. Every able-bodied person on welfare should explain why they can't work at something :evil:

When he's swimming, he's known as Bob...... (Dude, I'm so sorry :oops: )
1. Yep, and

2. Humor is always good - I tell every gowned patient when I exit the room that they will get five dollars off their visit if they go up to the checkout window naked. :shock: In many years, no takers, but they all laugh. One told me she was 'offended' at the levity, so I suggested she find a doctor without a sense of humor, so she would be more comfortable. :roll:
FWiedner wrote:That boy is blessed to have a family that encourages self-sufficiency and a "Can Do" attitude.
Yep. Most would have just signed him for welfare and condemned him to a life of not doing anything hard or risky. He'd have likely lost his cheerful attitude, too. That mom and dad are pretty awesome. The government will probably find some way to stop them from doing things their way.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

delete post. wont work for Me. I tried to post about a person I work with but the link won't work.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Dr., this is NOT a sappy story......it's a reminder to all of us who don't push ourselves to live up to our potential, to be encouraged to start doing so. You know the saying, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." That's why watching this was so tough for me to get thru........I'm one of em. BUT, as long as there's a breath left in me, I can do something to change things. And thank GOD for your sense of humor! P.S......we're gonna hear from him down the road, I'm sure! jd45
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

He may turn out like this guy (who appeared very handicapped to me until I saw the kid who didn't even have feet)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlMz2sCDCA4

jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

His posture sorta makes me think of Elmer Keith. Not possible now of course, but I'd like to see Uncle Elmer use that technique for his long distance stuff. What do you think, Dr.? jd45
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

AJMD429 wrote:He may turn out like this guy (who appeared very handicapped to me until I saw the kid who didn't even have feet
Doc,
That ain't fair! He gets a longer sight radius----6 :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Definitely a tough cookie and inspiring story... but in all candor, what he is doing is 100% natural and normal, to him, and is 1000% UNNATURAL and ABNORMAL on the part of the parents - who deserve most of the Kudos.

Not to take away from that Family, but the much "tougher" Joe would be the one who grew up with all limbs, then lost all of them - and as an adult achieved unnaturally what that great kid achieved as a matter of birth and upbringing.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Ironsights wrote:Definitely a tough cookie and inspiring story... but in all candor, what he is doing is 100% natural and normal, to him, and is 1000% UNNATURAL and ABNORMAL on the part of the parents - who deserve most of the Kudos.

Not to take away from that Family, but the much "tougher" Joe would be the one who grew up with all limbs, then lost all of them - and as an adult achieved unnaturally what that great kid achieved as a matter of birth and upbringing.
True. I've worked with handicapped of all ages, and the kids (and animals) tend to waste little time pity-partying, and just do the best they can. I try to get the adults out of pity-party mode by showing them examples of how kids handle the same things.

Unfortunately, our litigious and entitlement society has undermined things for adults who get handicapped; they tend to just want to get a big check from whoever they can blame their plight on, and then sit back and collect some sort of compensation... :|

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

AJMD429 wrote:Unfortunately, our litigious and entitlement society has undermined things for adults who get handicapped; they tend to just want to get a big check from whoever they can blame their plight on, and then sit back and collect some sort of compensation... :|
This.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

In True Grit I, Cogburn watches Mattie swim her horse across a cold, swollen river into Indian Territory, causing him to remark, "She reminds me of me!".

Same comment'd be made if the marshal saw this kid in the video