confessions of a lead eater

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Young
Levergunner 2.0

confessions of a lead eater

Post by Scott Young »

i don beleve all this bisiness of eetin arond led is bad fur ya. i hav ben eetin arond led all my dais. hek, when i eets them squirrals i jus spits out the led in a little plate sose i can reuse it eeder in anudder shotshell or as a fishin wate. i think all the store bot food is more dangurus than meat shot wit led boolits. :roll: :roll: :roll: my granny and pappy lived to over 90 eetin arond led. thays the ones tha' tawt me to eet aron the shot jus like eetin aron fish bones.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Me thunk ye got thet jussabout rite :lol:
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Let's see ... my generation and the one before it grew up chewing on lead painted cribs and window sills, breathing lead fumes from the gasoline and eating lead shot.

Those generations whipped the best armies in the world, invented the computer, the micro-wave, put men on the moon, defeated smallpox and polio and a host of other deadly diseases, designed the best firearms in the world, built the fastest cars, the largest cities and changed the course of history.

What are the ones who didn't get to chew on lead paint doing?

Increasing your taxes, decreasing your standard of living, moving you into smaller homes, smaller cars, devaluing the currency, setting the example of having no moral code, destroying your freedom to have firearms, outlawing hunting, regulating every aspect of your life.

If you don't believe they are planning on regulating every aspect of your life, look up what they are planning on doing about funding highway repairs .. it most likely will be in the form of "User Fees" such as is being implimented it CA and OR.

WE NEED MORE LEAD IN OUR DIET!!
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

JimT wrote:Let's see ... my generation and the one before it grew up chewing on lead painted cribs and window sills, breathing lead fumes from the gasoline and eating lead shot.

Those generations whipped the best armies in the world, invented the computer, the micro-wave, put men on the moon, defeated smallpox and polio and a host of other deadly diseases, designed the best firearms in the world, built the fastest cars, the largest cities and changed the course of history.

Increasing your taxes, decreasing your standard of living, moving you into smaller homes, smaller cars, devaluing the currency, setting the example of having no moral code, destroying your freedom to have firearms, outlawing hunting, regulating every aspect of your life.

If you don't believe they are planning on regulating every aspect of your life, look up what they are planning on doing about funding highway repairs .. it most likely will be in the form of "User Fees" such as is being implimented it CA and OR.

Jim, don't forget that you wore your pants to cover your butt and you wore your hat the right way while doing it!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

JimT wrote:Let's see ... my generation and the one before it grew up chewing on lead painted cribs and window sills, breathing lead fumes from the gasoline and eating lead shot.

How about recovering your old round balls and chewing them round again?

(Back in the day before through-and-through penetration was considered a good thing...) :wink:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

I know I was going to type a response, but I can't recall what I was going to say . . .

And it's hard to type with my fingers shaking so bad . . .

Noah :wink:
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
RAC
Levergunner

Post by RAC »

Jim, that has to be the best response I have ever seen concerning lead.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

JimT, you sound "bitter". If your location didn't say Mozambique, I'd have thought you were from Pennsylvania and that you might be doing too much "clinging to guns, religion, and antipathy". At least that's what the "lead free" generation seems to think. :wink:

Seriously, don't mind me. I'm a long time lead paint and paste eater since kindergarten and have settled here in Florida with all of the other lead eaters. You can tell us from the rest because we can't vote properly ... we tend to hang our chads on the punch ballots and such.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

No sir .. no bitterness. I did not mean to sound that way either. But I do cling to my guns and my Bible.

For some good reading material, I suggest "BIBLE IN POCKET, GUN IN HAND" ... you can find used ones on Amazon for a couple bucks.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

When I was a kid, we fished exclusively with lead sinkers. We clamped them to our line by biting down on them.

I'll never claim to be a genius, but I'm by no means dimwitted.

I guess the true test will be if I ever have kids and they come turn out to be mutants. But then I could make money renting them out to a carnival sideshow :idea:
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

I've et lead fer years. It aint effected,effected,effected me yet. :shock: :D :shock:
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

[quote="Rimfire McNutjob"]I'm a long time lead paint and paste eater since kindergarten and have settled here in Florida with all of the other lead eaters. quote]

I've sure et my share of elmers glue back in the day. :D
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Jim - I've been frustrated by this toxic lead baloney for a long time. Numerous times I've put forth the same arguments you've mentioned here and been looked at as some ancient wierdo who doesn't have a clue.
It's amazing how gullible a society can become in such a short period of time. Igorance of the past and inability to use logic is rampant in modern America.
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

Scientists concerned about lead in food but take
Ritalin, for mind enhancement . DUH.....
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

Well boys, I may have hurt myself badly. When we were boys we found out real quick that the best Wrist Rocket slingshot ammo was a .36 caliber lead ball for a Navy Colt.

We would put a couple in our mouth as we hunted.

Now, I have been accepted to Mensa and I graduated with honors from both my undergrad and law school.

Think about what I could have been if I had not put those lead balls in my mouth...........maybe even a darn.......LIBERAL! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

JimT wrote:Let's see ...

...WE NEED MORE LEAD IN OUR DIET!!
Best post of the week...! :!: :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "