sad rifle/double set trigger

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

sad rifle/double set trigger

Post by model55 »

Saw a project rifle recently a 32ws winchester 1894 rifle with close coupled set triggers.No finish left, wood destroyed,pitting That I think can be removed.Someone tried to turn the magazine tube with a pipe wrench.All this but those triggers call me.I tried them but it doesn't release the hammer fully-only to half-cocked position.Rifle also has tang sight and octagon barrrel.Am I not trying these triggers in a proper manner or is there something out of adjustment/broken.They are bold enough to ask 500.00 not happening here but room to talk.They also have a 1916 lithgow No1 mk111 enfield
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Most set triggers (on hammer guns) have an additional part near or on the hammer that allows the trigger or sear to bypass the half cock notch. This may be damaged or missing. Also, if the hammer notch has been filed on, the trigger or sear may not clear the half cock notch.
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

The one I had you had to push both forward after gun was cocked. either with the lever up or down. Just as long as the hammer was back.
There should be a small screw also for adjustment.

Byron

PS, if all the parts are there, the trigger assembly is worth $500.