Is a T/C Encore a lever gun?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Is a T/C Encore a lever gun?

Post by Tom Richardson »

My good friend Gilbert took my 22-250 encore barrel and when I got it back it had a better set of steel rings and a 24 X Tasco World Class P.L.U.S. scope mounted on it.
I don't thing I am going to like the scope but I am taking it all to the range today to see how it works.
I am also taking a model 12 Renington .22 that I have been working on. I thing the old rifle will be a shooter.
Tell you more later.
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaperPatch »

The T/C Encore is a worthy implement, and a fine example of American craftsmanship. A levergun though...it is not.

Let us know how it shoots. :D
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I dunno 'bout "worthy", but I would say "heavy" - at least my son's ProHunter is.
His can only shoot groups (shot by me) about 3X larger than my Ruger #1, sad to say - even though it cost $300 more, without his high-power variable Burris scope with the fancy trajectory reticle.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I find that I like the Contender better, both for size and for stock shape. Not really leverguns but lots of fun!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

my encore with the 7.5X55 swiss barrel will out shoot any rifle I own.the barrel cost me 199.99 + shipping :D
DAV life member.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[the barrel cost me 199.99 + shipping ]

+ $450 for the Encore = $650. :roll:

My son's Pro Hunter cost him $850 (new) with the issue muzzleloader barrel. The .300WM fluted stainless barrel added another $300. :oops:

When he came back from Canada last week, after taking two Caribou with it - I aked him if they died because he showed them his Bill of Sale.

My $525 Ruger #1 .30-06 shoots 3/4"-1"groups @ 100yds w/factory 150 or 180gr ammo, anytime I want. :P

The best I could do with the T/C was 1 3/4" @ 100yds. :cry:
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Back from the range with the 22-250.

Post by Tom Richardson »

The encore 22-250 barrel with the Tasco 24x scope did well today.
After I got it zeroed I shot a few groups with it. The cross hairs in the 24x scope are too fine with too small a dot for 69 year old eyes. Too much magnification with a lost reference point most of the time.
I shot several sub 1" groups but I always left one shot hanging on the outside of the group.
This barrel will get a different scope in the near future. The rifle is a shooter.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Interesting and flexible firearm - yes. Lever - no. :)
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Post by Tom Richardson »

Surley you didn't thing I was serious when I ask the question concerning a C/T encore being a leaver gun?

Oh well, I know it is not but I did take the Marlins and a few other levers out to play this afternoon.

The .44, .45. 357, 25-20, 40-65, several 30-30s and the 450 Marlin all got to bust some Arkansas sex stones today. At 100 yards the 25-20 just left skid marks.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I beleive I have stated this in other threads, but I will have a hard time getting over the inital investment into the T/C pistols.

Having said that I would dearly love to have a stainless/walnut pistol in 30-30AI. 8) :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Tom Richardson wrote: Arkansas sex stones
:shock: ???? :shock:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Post by Tom Richardson »

F----en rocks
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

If one is really interested in the TC products one only needs to keep an eye out in both private transfers and in the shops. Buying in pieces is fairly easy and cheaper than new guns, particularly pistols. Lots of people get something big that they can't handle and they sell out, cheaply. Every comment on this forum about TC prices seems very high to me. Those are not prices I see around here and I certainly didn't spend that kind of money on my guns and barrels.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Hobie, the onlyest thing cheap, here in New England (besides me) is LOBSTA ! :) ;)
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Post by Tom Richardson »

Hobie is right about picking up parts for the T/Cs.
The 22/250 barrel, fore arm, base, rings, and scope were $150.00.

The action and stock were under $200.00 in trade. $350.00 for an accurate rifle is not bad.
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

Pete44ru wrote:[the barrel cost me 199.99 + shipping ]

+ $450 for the Encore = $650. :roll:

My son's Pro Hunter cost him $850 (new) with the issue muzzleloader barrel. The .300WM fluted stainless barrel added another $300. :oops:

When he came back from Canada last week, after taking two Caribou with it - I aked him if they died because he showed them his Bill of Sale.

My $525 Ruger #1 .30-06 shoots 3/4"-1"groups @ 100yds w/factory 150 or 180gr ammo, anytime I want. :P

The best I could do with the T/C was 1 3/4" @ 100yds. :cry:
seems like you might have got a bad barrel???? send it back to t/c.

I gave 130.00 for my encore(used) 223 barrel and sure shoots alot better than that. with v-max 55 gr bullet and AA2520 it will print under a inch.

a plug for ed's contenders.(great guy!)
new barrels

http://www.edstc.com/24blueenc.html

try a buy a new ruger #1 for 525.00 today :lol: :lol: :lol:
DAV life member.