OT - Shiloh Sharps Hartford rifle - 45-70 (Drool warning!!!)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Shiloh Sharps Hartford rifle - 45-70 (Drool warning!!!)

Post by rjohns94 »

thought I would share some pics of another lever gun, (well sorta) that has made its way to me: Shiloh Hartford rifle, 30" heavy barrel, upgraded wood, silver nose cap, buckhorn rear, silver blade front. upgrade metal butt plate, upgrade in finish. 500 grainers are gonna fly out of this one soon, in front of a full load of BP.

First game this one might shoot is Buffalo this August.
Last edited by rjohns94 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Me Too!

Post by Les Staley »

rjohns94: That is the Mate to mine.. looks like it's twin.. mine has tasted elk, deer, antelope and buffalo... liked it, too! I use smokeless in it, for the ease of cleaning.. thanks for shareing the pictures.. Les
cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

Great looking rifle. Love that pewter tip and your choice of a 30" barrel is the best compromise in my experience.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

That is my dream rifle Mike...to a T! Beautiful. Can you tell us how you acquired it? I am thinking of somehow getting someone to peruse the rack for me at Shiloh so I don't have to wait so darned long.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Mike, you need to post a "drool warning" on this thread! Now I need to find the ol' slobber rag... :roll:

Congrats - she's a beaut!!! :D 8) :D
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

YK - DONE! :D

C. Cash - PM sent

Cowboykell - I like the barrel length too. I have owned several and I think this is gonna be the keeper

Les - You have great taste in Rifles :D :D
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Nothing else like them...........Congrats on a beautiful piece of art and weaponry.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

That is a very nice pool table and towel you have there, although there seems to be a funny looking object on top of them. :twisted:

Very nice rifle, I hope to have one of those myself someday. :D
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Nice Shilo :mrgreen: !Thanks for posting.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ah, Mike.... drool ain't the word! Now I see a trip to CO in your future... that baby is made for the FOBD range! I'm already makin' a list of the guns I HAVE to bring, those which I would like to bring, and... well you get the picture!

I think I've already decided that I'm going to drive up, camp a few days (gotta justify setting up the wall tent) and make a vacation of it! Yea like driving 2388 miles round trip is a vacation! Wait, havin' a week to do it in would be!

Except for the pistol grip & cheek piece, it's a near twin:

Mine is a .40-90SBN, I generally shoot a 350 grease groove bullet over either Goex or 27 grains of 5744.

Oh, hey, here's a pic of that magazine band we were discussing:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

I am happy for you!!! That is a nice looking rifle and not really OT in my mind. Around this campfire we appreciate all fine works of art like that!
Jonathan

Soldier
NRA Life Member
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

Great looking rifle! I think I might have either seen that rifle on gunbroker or one very similiar to that - either way WOW :o
I always watch for Shiloh's on the web sites always looking for a deal. The shiloh's are on my wish list - I have a Pedersoli copy that is nice - has nice wood and seems to shoot good - but my goodness - just look at that Shiloh.
Lucky Man....
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Beautiful rifle. I sure love mine.
Old Law Dawg
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Griff, that is exactly how the groove looks in that rifle. I decided against it and bought the sharps instead. I think I am very happy with the decision. :D
Mike Johnson,

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

rjohns94 wrote:Griff, that is exactly how the groove looks in that rifle. I decided against it and bought the sharps instead. I think I am very happy with the decision. :D
I wondered 'bout that. Just outta curiousity, was it a take-down? Either rifle would have made a fine addition. I love these Sharps. 8)
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

yes it was a take down. would be fun to get a letter on it. its not going anywhere
Mike Johnson,