Klondike-the miniseries

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Klondike-the miniseries

Post by MrMurphy »

Pretty sure most of you guys will want to see this.

Discovery channel, January 20th. Miniseries about the Klondike rush. Some very well known actors in it and directed by Ridley Scott.

Presumably, quite a few leverguns and wheelguns in use.

Of course, six or eight of you can tell all the rest of us how it really was since you were there........ :mrgreen:
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Re: Klondike-the miniseries

Post by barbarossa »

Probably will be a lot better than the klondike reality show where the guy was squirrel hunting with a 577 Snider.
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

Thanks for the heads up

In the mean time there is Jack Londons "Burning Daylight" at https://librivox.org/burning-daylight-by-jack-london/ Read by Richard Kilmer one of the best reader's IMO

Or you could pop in your DVD of the "Far Country" with James Stewart and Walter Brennan.

----J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

A few years ago (2006) I took a little motorcycle ride to Alaska and retraced the whole Klondike thing...........Simply amazing carrying 2000 pounds of supplies up that pass.....then spending the winter waiting for the ice to go out.......then building a boat and battling class 4 rapids.......then setting up a claim.......then working your a** off and someone steals your gold...if you indeed find any gold...only 20-25% of the prospectors ever found any substantial gold. The shop keepers and hookers made all the REAL money in Klondike.

Can't wait for January 20th...........Riddly Scott is involved...It's gotta be good!
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

I once heard that if you want to get rich in a gold rush, be the one selling shovels. :wink:
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
QCI Winchesters
Levergunner 2.0

Post by QCI Winchesters »

barbarossa wrote:Probably will be a lot better than the klondike reality show where the guy was squirrel hunting with a 577 Snider.
LOL I watched part of that show when I was sick in bed, what a couple of goofs. I figured a Winchester 1876 would have been more correct for that time period, since in 1887 the Snider was still current issue in Canada and the only ones in civilian hands were commercial ones.
When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Point of order, Ridley Scott (one of my favorite directors) is executive producer. Guy by name of Simon Jones is the director.

I'll make the guess this story has been hollywood tarted up, I doubt there was a character like the cute littly chicky with the gun, Belinda Mulrooney was actually there.
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I've been watching the previews. I hope it will be good but I won't hold my breath.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Birdman wrote:I've been watching the previews. I hope it will be good but I won't hold my breath.
Well, my bride decided to watch it with me, and we both got less enthused with each of the 3 parts... It could have been so much better, but I don't know where to begin... I was really disappointed in it, although some of the characters and plot lines had great potential...

And the worst part is, my wife says I now owe her "6 hours of watching chick flicks"!!! :shock:

So... What did you all think???

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I watched the whole thing. I thought it was kinda hard to follow at times. The conversations in the bars was hard to follow due to the background noise. I admit that I have a hearing problem but my wife agrees with me on the noise. Overall I think it could have been better. I sure wish the head Mountie would have kicked the snot out of that bald headed fellow.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

it was just ok....
story line was week...
not enough action.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I didn't watch it all, but keep in hopes something would happen
figured I must have missed it cuz I couldn't hear it, or even see it

ollogger
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

ollogger wrote:I didn't watch it all...
ollogger
Likewise. Thought it was on the History Channel.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!