Powerful rechargeable spotlights

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Powerful rechargeable spotlights

Post by getitdone1 »

Looking for a really powerful, rechargeable, handheld spotlight. Any suggestions. One time I ordered a huge spotlight and it was not as powerful as a much smaller one I had.

Also would like a smaller hand held flashlight or spotlight that would really blind an intruder in the middle of the night. Rather blind them and control them than shoot them.

Don
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Powerful rechargeable spotlights

Post by ollogger »

Ive given up on the spot lights, none of a dozen has lasted very long
Ive found some of the high end miners light work great & are very bright
easy to slip on & leave the hands free to operate a gun or slide under a pickup
and work on it, as for a flash light I like the mag lite
oh I put a nebo on a 12 gauge but havnt tested it much yet

ollogger
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

getitdone1 wrote:Also would like a smaller hand held flashlight or spotlight that would really blind an intruder in the middle of the night. Rather blind them and control them than shoot them.
The Lowes hardware stores near us sell the 'Coast' brand flashlights, and I use them on ALL my 'Night Scouts' now - they are just shy of 300 lumens, and enable me to shoot a feral cat at 100 yards in pitch-black conditions. They also fit 35mm scope rings nicely... 8)

Link to 'Night Scout' thread
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
1894c

Post by 1894c »

here's what the tax-payers bought for me to use on patrol it's a Pelican 7060...
real bright, the beam carries a long way, easy to carry and deploy...see attached link... :)

http://www.pelicanlights.com/Pelican-70 ... rchSize=12
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

I use a Cyclops 15 Million candle power rechargeable for over 10 years, had to change the battery, and bulb once during that time. Amazingly bright but bulky.

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Not rechargeable, but Wal Mart has some Ozark Trail lights that use c cell batteries and put out 500 lumens. They will light up any place they are turned on in.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
WoodrowC
Levergunner 1.0

Post by WoodrowC »

Milwaukee 12 volt rechargeable LED work light. Inexpensive, light, compact, bright, runs 6 hours on a charge. I've put everything else on the shelf.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Check out batteryjunction.com for lots of bright lights. Also candlepowerforumn.com has a lot of info and reviews. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Treg06
Levergunner

Post by Treg06 »

Don,
I bought this unit a while back off ebay and I've been quite impressed with the way it lights up the backyard......very powerful light: http://www.ebay.com/itm/8500-Lumen-7-x- ... 4610497d45.

When shopping, be sure to compare the # of lumens the lamp produces and not the candlepower. Here's a link to an article explaining the difference and the application of lumens compared to candlepower: http://www.flashlightuniversity.com/lum ... ndlepower/

Best,
Treg06
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

For a pocket style, really efficient, amazingly bright, sturdy and affordable LED flashlight, I've found nothing better than a Coleman MAX. Uses 3 AAA batteries and is the one I always grab when I head out after dark here on the farm. Not rechargeable, but I keep a "jillion" AAA's here at all times. The batteries come in a 48 ct. package and are a real bargain at Sam's.

Have bought several of these lights as gifts for my grown kids and wife. They can't believe how efficient they are and love them. I get them at WalMart for somewhere around $25-26. All my old small Maglights languish at the bottom of the kitchen tool drawer since I stumbled on to these from Coleman.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I've had poor life out of the rechargeable ones for carryinh in my truck. With our cold they are always dead when I need them.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I use a Streamlight Pro Tac XL. It is 600 Lumens (super bright!) and has a strobe mode. It cost $75 if you shop around and lasts a long time on two 123 batteries.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Canuck Bob wrote:I've had poor life out of the rechargeable ones for carryinh in my truck. With our cold they are always dead when I need them.
I use the 'squeeze-charge' ones in vehicles as a backup to the battery-ones, because they always are ready, even if not super-bright.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "