LEE Dipper for Powder Measuring

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

LEE Dipper for Powder Measuring

Post by Modoc ED »

This is an article/link from Beartooth Bullets -- "Handloading On A Shoestring" -- and is the best article I've ever seen/read on using the Classic LEE Loader.

http://www.beartoothbullets.com/tech_no ... tes.htm/51

PAY ATTENTION to the way he uses the LEE Dipper. Pushes it down (bottom first) into the powder and lets the powder flow over the rim of the dipper. Since reading this article, I have used this method of dipping and IT IS ACCURATE and CONSISTENT.

I use a large size tuna can to hold my powder similar to the article. If you use a can similar to this, look at it in the store and get the kind that is pressed as it will have no crevice in the bottom to hold/snag powder.

I also use a LEE Hand Press (nut cracker type) and many of the things he says/shows about case trimming, etc. apply across the board.

Great article.
ED
Yer never too old
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Re: LEE Dipper for Powder Measuring

Post by sore shoulder »

Modoc ED wrote:PAY ATTENTION to the way he uses the LEE Dipper. Pushes it down (bottom first) into the powder and lets the powder flow over the rim of the dipper. Since reading this article, I have used this method of dipping and IT IS ACCURATE and CONSISTENT.

That right there is exactly the method taught to me by Malamute. It is probably the most accurate method of powder measuring I have ever used.

I have one of those Lee hand presses and it's a dandy tool, using regular dies unlike the tong tool, and it will full length resize 300WM cases. I haven't used it much other than to play with it, but the plan is to set up a little case with the dippers and a few die sets along with some powder and primers. I have the priming tool for this press also.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30