POLITICS - ATF = "Always Think Forfeiture"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

POLITICS - ATF = "Always Think Forfeiture"

Post by Old Ironsights »

Look at the Red Bits. This is what THEY are thinking and advocating... and putting on their issue tools WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS.
Corrupt, Arrogent, out of control... Please refer to your nearest Marine for an appropriate list of applicable expletives.. :evil:

http://www.fbo.gov/spg/DOJ/BATF/APMD/84 ... %2003.html

General Information

Document Type: Amendment to Combined Synopsis/Solicitation
Solicitation Number: 840400000029
Posted Date: Oct 26, 2007
Original Response Date: Oct 29, 2007
Current Response Date: Oct 29, 2007
Original Archive Date: Apr 26, 2008
Current Archive Date: Apr 26, 2008
Classification Code: 51 -- Hand tools
Set Aside: Total Small Business

Contracting Office Address
650 Massachusetts Avenue, Nw, , Washington, DC 20226
Description
AMENDMENT NOTICE: This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6, in conjunction with FAR 13.5, as applicable, and as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; bids are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. The solicitation number is 840400000029 and is issued as an invitation for bids (IFB), unless otherwise indicated herein. The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular FAC 2005-20. The associated North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for this procurement is 339999 with a small business size standard of 500 employees. This requirement is a [ Small Business ] set-aside and only qualified offerors may submit bids. The solicitation pricing on www.FedBid.com will start on the date this solicitation is posted and will end on 2007-10-29 11:30:00.0 Eastern Time or as otherwise displayed at www.FedBid.com. FOB Destination shall be Landover, MD 20785

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms requires the following items, Purchase Description Determined by Line Item, to the following:
LI 001, EXACT MATCH ONLY - Leatherman Micra Color: Blue - Part number 64340101K Engraved with: ATF-Asset Forfeiture AND "always think forfeiture" PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHMENT. NOTE: ATF MAY REQUEST A SAMPLE TO DETERMINE IF IT MEETS OUR REQUIREMENT. ***Partial Shipments are allowed. Please use the space below to explain your delivery schedule. Preferred Delivery Date is November 7th***, 2000, EA;

For this solicitation, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms intends to conduct an online competitive reverse auction to be facilitated by the third-party reverse auction provider, FedBid, Inc. FedBid has developed an online, anonymous, browser based application to conduct the reverse auction. An Offeror may submit a series of pricing bids, which descend in price during the specified period of time for the aforementioned reverse auction. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms is taking this action in an effort to improve both vendor access and awareness of requests and the agency's ability to gather multiple, completed, real-time bids. All responsible Offerors that respond to this solicitation MUST submit the pricing portion of their bid using the online exchange located at www.FedBid.com. There is no cost to register, review procurement data or make a bid on www.FedBid.com. Offerors that are not currently registered to use www.FedBid.com should proceed to www.FedBid.com to complete their free registration. Offerors that require special considerations or assistance may contact the FedBid Helpdesk at 877-9FEDBID (877-933-3243) or via email at clientservices@fedbid.com. Offerors may not artificially manipulate the price of a transaction on www.FedBid.com by any means. It is unacceptable to place bad faith bids, to use decoys in the www.FedBid.com process or to collude with the intent or effect of hampering the competitive www.FedBid.com process. Should offerors require additional clarification, notify the point of contact or FedBid at 877-9FEDBID (877-933-3243) or clientservices@fedbid.com. Use of FedBid: Buyers and Sellers agree to conduct this transaction through FedBid in compliance with the FedBid Terms of Use. Buyers and Sellers understand that FedBid ranks all bids by price; however, pursuant to applicable acquisition regulations and/or departmental guidelines, Buyers may use criteria other than price to evaluate offers. Accordingly, please note that, unless otherwise specified herein below, to the extent required by applicable regulations and/or guidelines, award will be made to the responsible Seller whose offer conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Buyer on the basis of price, technical capability, delivery, and past performance.

CCR Requirement - Company must be registered on Central Contractor Registration (CCR) before an award could be made to them. If company is not registered in CCR, they may do so by going to CCR web site at http://www.ccr.gov.

The following FAR clauses in paragraph (b) of FAR clause 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items, will apply: 52.222-21, 52.222-26, 52.222-35, 52.222-36, 52.222-37, 52.225-13, 52.232-34. The full text of a FAR clause may be accessed electronically at http://www.acqnet.gov/far.

The selected Offeror must comply with the following commercial item terms and conditions. FAR 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors - Commercial, applies to this acquisition. The selected Offeror must submit a completed copy of the provision at 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items. FAR 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition.

In addition to providing pricing at www.FedBid.com for this solicitation, each Offeror must provide any required, NON-PRICING responses (e.g. technical proposal, representations and certifications, etc.) directly to FULYA.PATRICK@FEDBID.COM(NOT THROUGH FEDBID.COM) so that they are received at that email address no later than the closing date and time for this solicitation.

Preferred delivery by November 7, 2007. VENDORS MUST PUT THEIR BEST DELIVERY.

Point of Contact
Name: Brian Wilkins, Title: Contracting Officer, Phone: 2026489120, Fax: 2029277311, Email: brian.k.wilkins@usdoj.gov;
Additional Information
www.fedbid.com (b-57629_02, n-9656)
Place of Performance
Address: Landover, MD 20785
Postal Code: 20785
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

A progun Congresscritter needs to get ahold of this . . .

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Drop a note to Sen. Coburn from Oklahoma.

http://coburn.senate.gov/public/index.c ... =Home.Home

People are really starting to talk about his no pork, axe swinging abilities.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

I just emailed Sam Brownback of Kansas. We'll see what happens.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I sent it to all my "regulars"... including the "Big Gun" himself... LNS.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

What exactly is that stuff?
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Leverdude wrote:What exactly is that stuff?
What do you mean?

The ATF ordered Blue Letherman Micra knives for its agents.

No biggie there, but they ALSO specified that they be engraved with "ATF-Asset Forfeiture AND "always think forfeiture".

Now, the last time I checked, it was considered, at the very least, to be "bad form" and often Criminal to "encourage" your officers to focuson the fine rather than public safety...

I really don't care about the solicitation per-se. What I care about is a "Law Enforcement Agency" ADMITTING that they care more about the money they steal from people "always think forfeiture" than they do the citizen.

I wouldn't bitch at all if they were engraved with ATF = "Always Treat Fairly", (even though it would be a lie...) but noooo. :roll:

ATF = "Always Think Forfeiture".

They are so arrogant they don't even worry about lying on their ENGRAVED handouts anymore. :evil:

Your tax dollars at work - promoting government theft.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

OI, do you mind me incorporating some of the language from your post into my letter to my reps?
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I ain't copyrighted it... :wink:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Sounds like they think they are above the law or something :shock:
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Years and years ago, law was introduced that allowed agencies to sell seized goods and apply the money to their budgets.....in this age of budget cuts, make sure you're ducks are in a row to avoid funding your local LEOs....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

BlaineG wrote:Years and years ago, law was introduced that allowed agencies to sell seized goods and apply the money to their budgets.....in this age of budget cuts, make sure you're ducks are in a row to avoid funding your local LEOs....
"Legalized" theft - especially as it is not done as part of the "punishment" rendered at trial.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Ironsights wrote:
BlaineG wrote:Years and years ago, law was introduced that allowed agencies to sell seized goods and apply the money to their budgets.....in this age of budget cuts, make sure you're ducks are in a row to avoid funding your local LEOs....
"Legalized" theft - especially as it is not done as part of the "punishment" rendered at trial.
That's correct.......You can have property taken after your arrest and it's perfectly legal for them to keep it after you've been found not guilty (if they want to)..... They've been looking at some King George, ain't they?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

BlaineG wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:
That's correct.......You can have property taken after your arrest and it's perfectly legal for them to keep it after you've been found not guilty (if they want to)..... They've been looking at some King George, ain't they?
Is that what all the Hubbub was about some years ago with people traveling
through certain counties in the south and the local LEO's were accused of
pulling over out of state plates and rummaging and confiscating things of
value that they found?
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

I even remember before there was civil forfeiture at all. I think it was Nixon's administration, the RICO law, which the feds promised to use only on "drug kingpins". They had to promise that because it was so constitutionally questionable (read that as blatantly unconstitutional). Of course now every podunk police department is stealing people's stuff. Our PD had a black Corvette with a light bar on top and D.A.R.E. stickers all over it, probably stolen from some guy they found with a pot plant in his closet (if even that).

That's bureaucratic mission creep, folks. A fact of life with government. That's why I roll my eyes when people say torture is only to be applied to terrorists. Give it 20 years, and we will have Abu Ghraib-style torture centers all over the US.

The people of Oregon, via initiative, passed a prohibition on civil forfeiture despite wails of protest from the cops. The world has not come to an end there since they now need at least a conviction before they can steal stuff. Imagine that! :roll:
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

I believe that it was the Reagan Administrations War On Drugs program (which was a throwback on the Nixon terminology) that cemented this seizure policy in the country.

Ed
ccw9mm
Levergunner

Post by ccw9mm »

Old Ironsights wrote:ATF = "Always Think Forfeiture".

They are so arrogant they don't even worry about lying on their ENGRAVED handouts anymore.
Seems to me that ATF is being truthful, if they're engraving that. Pitiful (and, for my money, criminal), but at least that's something.

One would think it's hardly demanding to require forfeiture ONLY in cases of criminal conviction in a court of law, after any appeal, where due process has been adequately and publicly served. Common sense, really.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

ccw9mm wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:ATF = "Always Think Forfeiture".

They are so arrogant they don't even worry about lying on their ENGRAVED handouts anymore.
Seems to me that ATF is being truthful, if they're engraving that. Pitiful (and, for my money, criminal), but at least that's something.

One would think it's hardly demanding to require forfeiture ONLY in cases of criminal conviction in a court of law, after any appeal, where due process has been adequately and publicly served. Common sense, really.
My point was that if they had any PR "sense" they WOULD lie on their giveaways... like almost everyone else does. (Just go to a trade show sometime). A smart PR officer would have insisted it was engraved with "Always Treat Fairly" or some garbage.

Instead, they are so arrogant that they don't feel that they have to that and can rub it in everyone's face.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
SMP
Levergunner

Post by SMP »

Nothing surprises me anymore,that's pretty sad..... :( :( :(
Original Leverguns forum member since 11/09/2003
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

YAAAY. My Email to JPFO & L Neil Smith seems to have had an effect... :D

http://www.jpfo.org/smith/smith-engraved.htm :twisted:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

B.A.T.F.

Bastards. A**wholes. Turds. fanny burbs.