Second barrel set for Win 1886 repro takedown

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JFE
Levergunner 2.0

Second barrel set for Win 1886 repro takedown

Post by JFE »

I'd like to have a second barrel set made up for a modern 1886 takedown (Miroku) and wondering whether the critical parts for the takedown system are available?

Apart from Turnbull, are there any other gunsmiths who could make up a second barrel set in the US?

I am tossing up whether I can source the critical parts in the US and have the work done back in Oz or simply bite the bullet and have the work done in the US while the rifle is still there.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Second barrel set for Win 1886 repro takedown

Post by AJMD429 »

JFE wrote:I am tossing up whether I can source the critical parts in the US and have the work done back in Oz or simply bite the bullet and have the work done in the US while the rifle is still there.
Just guessing here, but I'm thinking that the latter option is going to be the most reliably-functional, most hassle-free legally, and the one you won't forever be second-guessing.

May take some extra bucks, but it will also take extra time, so you have time to earn them or sell something for them.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
southfork
Levergunner 2.0

Post by southfork »

Why do you like the idea of a second barrel set? In case one wears out? Or a different caliber or what?
JFE
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JFE »

southfork wrote:Why do you like the idea of a second barrel set? In case one wears out? Or a different caliber or what?
Two different calibres.