Some people !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Some people !

Post by 6pt-sika »

I was on another forum . One fellow was talking about wanting to buy a rifle from someone .

But he wanted to send the guy half the money and then have the fellow send him the rifle and if he was pleased he'd send the rest in a day or two !

This was in the UK I might add !

Anyway I told him that I sold a fair amount of firearms on the net etc etc and that I NEVER allowed anything to be shipped unless I was paid 100% in full . And he said he could understand that since we were dealers , but he thought a private individual should allow him to see the gun before he paid in full !

I then proceeded to tell him about Gunbroker protocol etc etc and he said he could understand that etc etc . Then another bloke chimed in about why should the buyer take all the risk .
I then told him GB protocol was for the buyer to have funds and FFL in the sellers hand within 14 days of the end of the auction regardless of whether they were a dealer or a private individual .

Now I realize some folks do not buy very many guns this way .

But my God !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: Some people !

Post by iceman »

I,like you have sold many firearms via the net. My rule (and if you don't like it don't buy it) is nothing is shipped before I have my money. If the firearm doesn't represent my claim re condition etc. Ship it back and you get your money back. People think they have a right to inspection before they pay in full but not when didtances are involved. If you don't trust me re. my discription and or photos, hop in your car and come and see me. If that is not convienient maybe you shouldn't be buying over the internet. Like you said some people!!!
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I had a similar situation. Was going to move someone to Phoenix. Gave them a price, and they said lets go. ME: OK wheres the money? THEM: I'll pay when you u get me there. :D :lol: :roll:
Last edited by 3leggedturtle on Thu May 16, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

"... but.... but... but, I'm an honest, upright bloke... I haven't ever ripped off anyone; surely you can tell that just from my clever screen name!"
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'll give these fellows the benefit of the doubt as they certainly cannot go thru the shear volume of guns we can , so perhaps that makes them a bit more questioning . It however would not make a sale with me !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

iceman wrote:I,like you have sold many firearms via the net. My rule (and if you don't like it don't buy it) is nothing is shipped before I have my money. If the firearm doesn't represent my claim re condition etc. Ship it back and you get your money back. People think they have a right to inspection before they pay in full but not when distances are involved. If you don't trust me re. my description and or photos, hop in your car and come and see me. If that is not convenient maybe you shouldn't be buying over the internet.
Same here; nothing personal but I'll describe and ship it honestly, and refunds would be issued if they changed their mind.

I think it would be easier to 'un-pay' a seller (most credit-card companies will assist the purchaser if needed), than for a seller to be sure he could get an already-shipped firearm returned should the funds never fully materialize.
Griff wrote:"... but.... but... but, I'm an honest, upright bloke... I haven't ever ripped off anyone; surely you can tell that just from my clever screen name!"
...so I can order that never-fired 1889 Marlin in 32 H&R Mag guaranteed in NRA 100% condition for $250 from "Honest Joe's Internet Sales", after all...!!! 8) My bag of gold coins is in the mail already... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If they're both in the UK why not take a little road trip. It's not that big a place. :roll:
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Rusty wrote:If they're both in the UK why not take a little road trip. It's not that big a place. :roll:
Why not? Get Jeremy Clarkson to drive. Just don't let Richard Hammond pick the car! Seriously, anyone who hates Piers Morgan enough to punch 'im is worthy company for a day trip!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!