Favorite recipe for wings?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Favorite recipe for wings?

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Who's got a can't-miss, gemme more recipe for chicken wings? I don't normally watch a super bowl, but my Niners are in it and I just might tune it in tomorrow. A guy has to have wings to snack on when watching pro football.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Favorite recipe for wings?

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well, I don't know if you have this in stock at the grocery store but get some Louisiana Fish Fry Chicken Fry if they do and use that. Put your wings in cold water and put some salt in with to soak them for 30 minutes before frying. Cut the wing tips off and discard - cut at the first joint if you want - makes it easier to fry them. When ready to fry in 350 degree oil, shake the water off of the wings, coat with the chicken fry and shake again - into the oil for about 8-10 minutes.

Get some Louisiana hot sauce - they will have this - "red dot" by Bruce foods is good and inexpensive - mix that with some butter 4 or 5 to 1 - sauce to butter and heat in the micro so that it melts and can be mixed well.

Don't coat the wings with the sauce until right before serving - serve the wings warm. Some like to drizzle blue cheese salad dressing or ranch dressing over the wings too after the hot sauce is applied. Serve with cut celery sticks and baby carrots.

If you don't have any Louisiana Fish Fry Chicken Fry, then use wheat flour with a tablespoon of corn starch blended in along with some onion powder, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and just a dash of cayan pepper.

Hope that helps.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

I cut the wings into pieces, I throw away the wing tips. Then salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. Spray a little oil onto them, (the non-stick spray works great) broil 10 mins, turn broil 10 more mins, turn for a few mins more or till crispy. I use Frank's Red Hot sauce, with butter warmed till melted.

When the wings are done, but in a bowl, pour sauce over, eat.

Steve
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I get in my truck and drive to Hooters in Waco!!! :lol:
"That'll Be The Day"
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

I get in my car and drive to The 6740 in Uptown Whittier .....

Cheers,

Carl
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

Marinate in lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, and Franks XXtra hot. Sprinkle with half sharp paprika, pepper, salt, garlic and some habanero powder.

Fry, grill whatever you do to your wings, then in bag or tupperware, melted butter and Franks XXXTra hot sauce, drop in wings, coat with butter/hot sauce, and serve.

Exactly what I am having tomorrow!!!

Same works for chunks of pheasant and turkey too!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hooters has pretty good wings....

I do wings in the oven.....I sprinkle them with whatever garlic/onion/cheyenne sounds good at the time....Ranch and hot sauce is a pretty good dip....I'm not sure there's a bad way to fix chicken...love me some yardbird.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Sometimes I go to the deli at Walmart and get a pound of wings. Don't laugh they are really good. RR7
"That'll Be The Day"
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Long Wong's.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

If you have an Outback Steakhouse handy their wings are the best (don't even bother with anything less than their "hot"). As a matter of fact the kids and I went there tonight, ate 10 and brought 10 more home for tomorrow.

As for at home I use a half and half mix of BBQ sauce (I use Kraft Original) and honey. Then I add in copious amounts of powdered chipotle pepper. Dang tasty.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I like to grill mine. I cut the wing tips off, and usually cut them at the joint also. Then I will season them with some Lawry's seasoned salt and throw them on the grill. I finish them a couple different ways, depending on how many people I'm cooking for and what mood I'm in. I either grill them till almost done, take them off, sauce them and put them back on for a while then sauce them again, or just cook 'em and sauce 'em. I use either the Hooters wing sauce from the store or Frank's Red Hot mixed with butter. Frank's makes a ready made wing sauce that isn't bad also. I also make my own bbq sauce, and I do bbq wings quite a bit. A lot of times I'll do half regular and half bbq.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Who's got a can't-miss, gemme more recipe for chicken wings? I don't normally watch a super bowl, but my Niners are in it and I just might tune it in tomorrow. A guy has to have wings to snack on when watching pro football.
Better make lots of them wings the Ravens are gonna stomp on those niners!! :lol:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

My only requirement is that they be COOKED.

I'm kinda in the school that even bad ones are good ones.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Used to work with a guy that said pizza was like a certain female anatomy part, even when it was bad; it was good.
Never could relate.......... not that fond of pizza.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Mescalero wrote:Used to work with a guy that said pizza was like a certain female anatomy part, even when it was bad; it was good.
Never could relate.......... not that fond of pizza.
If "IT" had a crust on it, I wouldn't be that fond of it either :?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

Post by Mike Hunter »

Gonna try putting them in the smoker for a few hours, I'll let you know how it turns out
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

rangerider7 wrote:I get in my truck and drive to Hooters in Waco!!! :lol:
X2 :D
----- Doug