Darn I'd like to have this one

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Darn I'd like to have this one

Post by olyinaz »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =324108606

Looks to me to be exactly the same kind we had at the ROTC Armory on campus at the UofM back in '86 when I was on the shooting team. I'm sure the ROTC and Armory are still there on campus in Minneapolis, but I wonder if any shooting of any kind still occurs there? I'll be surprised if so!

I'd love to have it, but that U.S. marking is driving it through the roof with collectors. :(

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Darn I'd like to have this one

Post by Blaine »

:shock: :shock: I have one of the GubMent Target models.....I had no idea they were worth so much....I paid about 200 bucks in the mid eighties (that was a ton of money back then) Worth every penny, but, not 1500....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

BlaineG wrote::shock: :shock: I have one of the GubMent Target models.....I had no idea they were worth so much....I paid about 200 bucks in the mid eighties (that was a ton of money back then) Worth every penny, but, not 1500....
No no, Blaine, it's not a "Government Target Model", that's the civi version of this guy. This is a real "U.S." martially marked pistol either from former U.S. inventory or never delivered to the U.S. It's EXACTLY the same as the ones I used back on the pistol team with the ROTC guys (veterans were allowed to join the team) and that's why it's so pricey.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I was going to say I have the 4" version of that and for that price I would let it go.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

olyinaz,
The high school I went to had a shooting range indoor.
Things sure have changed.
stepmac
Levergunner

Post by stepmac »

I paid $44 for a bull barreled Mark I in a pawn shop years ago. I still shoot it. It still shoots good.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

olyinaz wrote:
BlaineG wrote::shock: :shock: I have one of the GubMent Target models.....I had no idea they were worth so much....I paid about 200 bucks in the mid eighties (that was a ton of money back then) Worth every penny, but, not 1500....
No no, Blaine, it's not a "Government Target Model", that's the civi version of this guy. This is a real "U.S." martially marked pistol either from former U.S. inventory or never delivered to the U.S. It's EXACTLY the same as the ones I used back on the pistol team with the ROTC guys (veterans were allowed to join the team) and that's why it's so pricey.

Oly
Ah...I understand....You can have mine for only 1200, then.... :twisted:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ratpacker
Levergunner

Post by Ratpacker »

I put an AIMPOINT on my 10'' Mark II . Took a while to adjust to the added weight. Glad I only paid 140 bucks for that Ruger. Barrel is so long ; it looks ..."supressed."
Here, hold this drink for me, and watch this !!! General Custer.........wore the first arrow shirt.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

That MKII Gubment was a one ragged hole handgun out to about 20-30 yards with a scope. I took the scope off 20 years ago. If I made a bet to hit a pop can at 100 yards with handgun, that's the one I would use...it's almost like cheating.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Mescalero wrote:olyinaz,
The high school I went to had a shooting range indoor.
Things sure have changed.
Man, you can say that again. :evil:

They're great pistols. My Mark II wears a 6.5" tapered barrel and adjustable sights with target grips. Like Blaine says, it's a one ragged hole gun. Love the dang thing.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yep, I think its worth every penny, and an especially good smart investment for a younger individual. There were only so many made with that marking and with each passing year, with more buyers getting into the game, the price is only going to go higher.

As we all know, anything with the "U.S." stamp/rollmark brings a premium, sometimes 10 fold or more. I've seen Mossbergs .22 boltguns-------say.....this model or that model, bring (lets pretend) $150, but the same gun that was once the property of our buddies, the U.S. back stabbing "G" men, the price will be $1,000.-----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD