winchester model 150

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JeffG
Levergunner 1.0

winchester model 150

Post by JeffG »

I just saw a model 150 winchester at the local candy store....VERY cheap looking rig. Can't say as I'd want to own it, which surprised me. Anyone have any experience with these?
There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle

-Albert Einstein
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Yep - When they were introduced - Lo, all these many years ago. :)

They're a post-64 type Winchester, having an alloy receiver and "economy", non-walnut stocks for the most part.

The M-150 was the "entry level" levergun, but there were also the M-250, M-255(.22mag), and their Deluxe versions with walnut monte carlo stocks that had impressed checkering.

The 250 was 1963-73, the 255 from 1964-70, the Deluxe was 1965-73, and the 150 from 1967-74.
jlchucker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jlchucker »

Right after the Army, back in 1969, I had a job with Winchester for a couple of years. Bought (as an employee) a model 290, the semiauto version of this series. It functioned well, but the trigger pull was heavy. This was the "deluxe" stock model, with impressed checkering. It was an ugly gun and I traded it away. In retrospect, had I had the trigger pull lightened (if that was possible) and the monte carlo bulge whittled off, I would probably still be using this for plinking and as a knock-around piece today. It shot well and the iron sights were decent, but Winchester apparently had incentives in their engineering and marketing departments back then for designing ugly guns. In the end, it killed their company. that 150 will probably shoot pretty well. If priced cheap, you could maybe rework it to your liking for a hobby. :idea:
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I have the Sears version. Looks Brand new paid $150 at a gun show last year for it. It's not that accurate. But with it short throw lever it is fun to shoot.