Need to change my luck !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Need to change my luck !

Post by 6pt-sika »

I haven't seen a deer to get a shot at since opening day of gun season !

I need to change my luck !

So tommorrow I will take my Ruger #1H in 416 REM MAG out and hunt back in a rather thick spot .

And if that doesn't work in the morning tommorrow afternoon I'll try the Ruger #1H 375 H&H MAG !

And if by tuesday morning I am still riding a hitless streak I'm gonna take the Ruger #1B 338 WIN MAG .

None of these have been blooded by the way , so I'll be happy to pop a deer with any of them !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Need to change my luck !

Post by Blaine »

Pop, gut, and cook..all in one shot with any of those 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Sounds like 'enough gun' to me! :D
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I think it would be fun to live in a place where you can use whatever firearm/cartridge you want to hunt with. I don't feel I need the power of my .375 Winchester, or .444 Marlin, or even .375 Ruger, for whitetail, but they are all good, accurate guns that deserve some time afield, and I can't afford/orchestrate time out west hunting elk just to 'blood' them.

Of course where I live, you can use whatever you want for coyotes... :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
1894c

Post by 1894c »

BlaineG wrote:Pop, gut, and cook..all in one shot with any of those 8)
BlaineG --i was thinking the same thing...BOOOM... :)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

336bl wrote:
I get some strange looks from the .444 Guy, and the .338 Win Mag guy when I take out the 30wcf, especially for elk...I hunt with a scoped '06, and a Guide Gun with scout scope, too, but under 200 yards, I don't think those have a huge advantage over the 336, or the Win 94 :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BlaineG wrote:
336bl wrote:
I get some strange looks from the .444 Guy, and the .338 Win Mag guy when I take out the 30wcf, especially for elk...I hunt with a scoped '06, and a Guide Gun with scout scope, too, but under 200 yards, I don't think those have a huge advantage over the 336, or the Win 94 :wink:
Actually with the old Interams Mark X Whitworth I had that I'd rebarreled to 416 REM MAG when I shot a rather wide racked 6 point back back about 2004 it didn't do that bad at all . As Elmer Kieth used to say "you could eat right up to the hole".

Two days before I popped the 6 pointer with the 416 Mark X I had killed a pair of does with the other Interarms Mark X Whitworth I had in 375 H&H MAG . And again no blow up like you fellows thought .

I am using the Speer 350 grain spitzer in the 416 and the no longer made Nosler 260 grain Ballistic Tip in the 375 H&H MAG .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Heck if I ever get all my junk blooded I plan on trying my gunsmith buddies CZ 550 in 505 Gibbs with my handloaded Barnes 525 TSX bullets . So far he's killed two porkers of about 75 pounds each and a 160 pound black bear with his 505 Mortar !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AJMD429 wrote:I think it would be fun to live in a place where you can use whatever firearm/cartridge you want to hunt with. I don't feel I need the power of my .375 Winchester, or .444 Marlin, or even .375 Ruger, for whitetail, but they are all good, accurate guns that deserve some time afield, and I can't afford/orchestrate time out west hunting elk just to 'blood' them.

I do not ever see me going to Africa or Alaska for any of the nasty beasties . So i looks at it dis way , If ya gots uhm ya might as well USE UHM !
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

AJMD429 wrote:I think it would be fun to live in a place where you can use whatever firearm/cartridge you want to hunt with. I don't feel I need the power of my .375 Winchester, or .444 Marlin, or even .375 Ruger, for whitetail, but they are all good, accurate guns that deserve some time afield, and I can't afford/orchestrate time out west hunting elk just to 'blood' them.

Makes lots of sense doesn't it doc? :roll:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AJMD429 wrote: I don't feel I need the power of my .375 Winchester, or .444 Marlin, or even .375 Ruger, for whitetail, but they are all good, accurate guns that deserve some time afield, and I can't afford/orchestrate time out west hunting elk just to 'blood' them.

Ship them to me !

When I get my lucky hores shoe reinserted and start killing regularly again I can get yours "blooded" also !

And ya don't even need to send me any ammo for the 444 I am sure I can find something already here that the gun will like !
The other two you will need to send ammo or brass and dies :wink: