Mom's prayer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Mom's prayer

Post by iceman »

Found this card in Mom's stuff. My oldest sister read it at her funeral. Sort of sums up how we were brought up and how Mom lived her 91 years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Mom's prayer

Post by BigSky56 »

Iceman I hope that you and your family find peace with your Moms passing, losing a loved family member is a heavy hurt at first it will soften some. Take care my friend. danny
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Too few of our current generation(s) seem to think that deeply - they're unfortunately more concerned with what products Oprah is endorsing, who Paris Hilton is dating, and what's the latest social media interface for their cell-phone...

May your mom's spirit and integrity shine through the fog of the current and future generations.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

AJMD429 wrote:Too few of our current generation(s) seem to think that deeply - they're unfortunately more concerned with what products Oprah is endorsing, who Paris Hilton is dating, and what's the latest social media interface for their cell-phone...

May your mom's spirit and integrity shine through the fog of the current and future generations.
Amen..
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: Mom's prayer and family history

Post by iceman »

I was going through some more of my Mom's stuff today and came across a family Bible. I knew it was there but sort of forgot about it. It is a large book with places to note Births, marriages, and deaths. I noted my Mom's death in it and then wondered what to do with it. My Mom's only remaining sister (out of 11 children) said she really didn't want it (due to distance from where she now lives) and asked our family to decide what to do with it. We decided to bring it back to the original homestead farm where it all started. There are actually burn marks on it from when the original house burned down and one of the first things thrown out the upper windows into the snow was this family Bible in order to save our history.
My cousin's family (his twin son and daughter each have a house on the farm and his wife lives in the farm house where he is is a long story) still lives on the original farm that my Mom grew up on. His daughter was not clear on family history so she was really happy to see this bit of history. I just completed a brief history for her of photos, wedding notices and of course obituarys.
All this to just remind everyone to hand down to your kids and family as much info as you can about your family history, because after your gone who is going to tell them?
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Godly woman.