Handi 22 Hornet arrived today!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Handi 22 Hornet arrived today!

Post by Canuck Bob »

I am nicely surprised by the fit and finish of this $270 rifle. Two boxes of Winchester factory ammo scared me. 6 boxes would cost more than the rifle! Field report by the weekend. Cheap 22 bullets and 700 loads to a pound of powder, what a nice change!

It seems that H&R and Remlin are dropping the 22 Hornet Handi. For once I bought in the nick of time.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Handi 22 Hornet arrived today!

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations, I'm glad you are pleased with the rifle. :D
I contacted the UK distributor for H&R and they said they could order one from the US as no one here has any in stock, I just hope I'm in time too! as I'm waiting for my firearm licence to be renewed so I can't order the Handi Rifle in .22 hornet until I get it back, police say it could take three months. :roll:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

I own one made in the late 1970. A very nice little rifle indeed. I replaced the straight stock with a current high cheeked stock, this fits me better with the scope mounted. I was surprised that the D&T barrel holes for the scope rail are the same pattern as now.

BTW; I bought this one at Cabela's several years ago on the pre-owned rack, for $99.00.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

This will be interesting :)

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I have one of the synthetic sporters. Darned fun to shoot as super accurate. I'd been with out a
Hornet for awhile. Was happy to pick up a nice used one. When I travel with it I also have an 18"
12 gage barrel for it.

Have fun!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I have an older Model 157 Hornet with the Mannlicher style forearm. I have a 2.5x steel tube El Paso Weaver on it (thanks to Stan in SC). Not a tackdriver, but minute of squirrel accurate. I mostly shoot 45gr Hornady SPs through it.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Just a word of warning Bob, stay away from that Graybeards outdoor forum site or you'll soon be a HANDIHOLIC. Don' t ask me bow I know. I will say that a Handi is easier to hide than a levergun and they all look alike. ;)
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pdentrem »

Well Canuck Bob, let the games begin!

I am now trying to get a Martini in KHornet into my hands to join the Ruger #1.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Rusty wrote:Just a word of warning Bob, stay away from that Graybeards outdoor forum site or you'll soon be a HANDIHOLIC. Don' t ask me bow I know. I will say that a Handi is easier to hide than a levergun and they all look alike. ;)
Too late! They got a 444 with a quick twist. Might make a great companion for my Marlin MG 444! Seriously I'm addicted to tweaking and tuning stuff. The Handi is just perfect for such madness.

My plastic forearm was drilled slightly off center and the forearm presses the barrel on the right side. The Handi forum has a bunch of fixes. Canadian warranty is usually really dreadful. So I may just fix it myself and custom fit the hinge in the process.
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Congrats Bob! Can't wait for the range report.
Sam :)