SA Gunsmiths? (revised)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

SA Gunsmiths? (revised)

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Due to having issues with my eyes and the hard to see sights on my birdshead Ruger .32H&R I've been planing on sending it off to one of the SA smiths around to have a set of easier to see sights put on (after season of coarse). While it's there I thought I'd also have it tuned up a little.

Any recommendations on gunsmiths for my conversion? I've talked with a local smith that I personally wouldn't trust and talked with Bowen and they didn't sound all too confident on adding the adjustable sights.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: SA Gunsmiths? (revised)

Post by Rusty »

Having never seen a Heritage I might be inclined to go with option #1. There is a favorable write up on them over on Gunblast though.

http://www.gunblast.com/WBell_HeritageRR.htm

On the other hand, if you ever need to liquidate yer irons you'll never get out of the Ruger what you'll have in it.

#2 would as you say give you 2 shooters and you could still send off the Ruger and sell the Heritage for a small loss if things don't work out.

I guess # 2 would give you more options in the long run.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Ya caught me in mid-post change there Rusty. Kinda decided to send the Ruger off anyway. Ya, I know I'll never get my money back outta it but it's at the top of my "I'll be buried with this gun" list so things would have to be so bad for me to sell it I'm not gonna be worried about a loss on it.

On the .32 Heritage........ Did Gunblast review the .32H&R version? Never saw that one. Regardless, I'm thinkin about buying it if he'll lower his price down. He's had it for better than a year, maybe 2, and I'm thinking about going in and putting the pressure on. If I end up liking it pretty well I may not send the Ruger in (doubtful), if it's so-so it may still may make a good truck gun and if I hate it I can sell it and not take much of a loss because it's so cheap.

Anyone shot one of the .32 Heritages?

LK
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

Give John Gallagher a call,he is near Jasper Alabama.
He cut a dove tail in the barrel on my .32 H&R Ruger and put on a white line windage adjustable front sight .I could not see the old front sight but the white line is just the ticket.
His number is 205-384-5229 .
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Sounds like Milton might just have the answer you're looking for. I had a Bisquero that offered the same problem. I loved the gun but it didn't offer a consistent sight picture for longer shots. At least for my eyes.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I use Bobby Pitchford of Pitchford Custom Gunwerks in Waller, TX www.pcgguns.com
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Thanks for the info guys. Saved em favorites for after season.

Chris
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Alan Harton of Houston, TX. Great fella and very talented at what he does.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8