Marlin .45-70 Guide Gun...nice wood pics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Cocked & Locked
Levergunner

Marlin .45-70 Guide Gun...nice wood pics

Post by Cocked & Locked »

Here is a couple of pics of my Guide Gun. I bought it used (without the scope) not long ago. It is one of the older ones with the ported barrel.

In this pic, I have Warne Quick Release rings on it. Nice, but difficult to carry comfortably with those sharp detach levers sticking out. I've now replaced the rings/bases with standard Leupold ones.

I'm looking forward to deer hunting with it next season. Shoots good with handloads using either 405 grain Remington JSP or 300 grain Hornady JHP bullets...can't decide which one to hunt with. The 300 grain ones definitley have a flatter trajectory.

C&L
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Great looker!
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
S.B.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by S.B. »

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA, ISRA, AF&AM Pontiac #294
LIUNA #996 for the last 32 years, retired after 34 years.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Really nice. Throw any Garret hammerheads through it? Those short barreled guide guns gotta buck with hot rounds.
Old Law Dawg