Got one

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Got one

Post by madman4570 »

Got a call this afternoon from the co-owner(buddies wife)at the local gun shop.
Said---there is a fellow(they know well)who is standing here that wants to sell his Kel-Tec Sub 2000 .40S&W(one that takes the Glock mags) and its in excellent condition.(she said I know you have a new one ordered)but this comes with 5 Mags/original box paperwork/key etc.He wants $290?

I said----Done(heard them laughing)she said wow that was quick.Said I will be right down.
Only kind of bummer the other 4 mags were 15rds(post bans)he lived in Pa. So I could only get the original 10rd Glock mag that came with gun(he lowered price to $260 though.

So,if any of you guys know where I can get a higher capacity Glock (Pre-ban)mag for this .40 S&W Sub 2000 let me known please.
Kinda bummed about the extra 4 mags but it aint worth chancing it.(for all parties concerned)

She did say--------yes you can use (Pre-ban)High capacity mags in this gun!
See ya!

P.S.-----going right now to take the new member of the family(the gun) and introduce her to all her cousins! :lol:
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: Got one

Post by wecsoger »

Two things

First thing:

for the mags, go here:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=16

I've dealt with AIM a lot and never had a problem. Right now the mags are showing out of stock, but these folks change inventory on a regular basis.

Second thing:

The 15 rounders are *standard capacity* mags, not high caps. The 10 rounds ones are *reduced capacity* magazines.

Do not give in to or talk like the anti-gunners. Words have meaning and I'll use them against the ignorant better than they can.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Thanks!
Man,I am lucky to have all you guys as friends helping me out!
Everyday-----------I learn something on here! :wink:
kasTX
Levergunner 1.0

Post by kasTX »

Also check out CDNN Sports

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

They have all kinds of mags and frequently run specials. I have dealt with them several times over the years and never had a problem.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

wecsoger wrote:Two things
First thing:
for the mags, go here: http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=16

I've dealt with AIM a lot and never had a problem. Right now the mags are showing out of stock, but these folks change inventory on a regular basis.

Second thing:
The 15 rounders are *standard capacity* mags, not high caps. The 10 rounds ones are *reduced capacity* magazines.

Do not give in to or talk like the anti-gunners. Words have meaning and I'll use them against the ignorant better than they can
Third thing:

When you get it - POST PICTURES...! :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

No problem, and I'm sorry to say I had forgotten about CDNN. I've used AIM Surplus a lot lately.

And I'm not jumping on your personally about the high cap/standard cap thing, but it's just an issue that's a thorn in my paw when I hear it. The anti-gunners try to paint negative word pictures on us all the time. I see no reason to help them out.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

AJMD429 wrote:
wecsoger wrote:Two things
First thing:
for the mags, go here: http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=16

Second thing:

Do not give in to or talk like the anti-gunners. Words have meaning and I'll use them against the ignorant better than they can
Third thing:

When you get it - POST PICTURES...! :mrgreen:

ya, I will have to snap a few! (terrible with pics) :oops: (got a new lap top/has different pic setup software deal ? have not tried it yet)
It's home(already had it when I posted this yesterday) :D
I am going to shoot it in about 30 minutes with some Federal 180gr Hi-Shok ammo

I see on some of the sites probably could have got a new one for $290(no tax)free ship but still would have to pay $25 FFL transfer fee(which is fine)but many were sold out and I just was impatient and wanted one ASAP! Thought $260 for a decent little gun heck with waiting.(might still get the new one for a Christmas gift for someone)
They are still holding the next new one(she said soon to come)for me if wanted!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Ok,
Shot 3------5 shot groups off the bench at 50 yards.(Only had 180gr Federal Hi-Shok Ammo)
Groups as follows:

1st-------1.3"
2nd-------1.7"
3rd-------1.6"

Actually not too bad for a short barreled carbine that fits in a lap top suit case!

Yesterday when I got it one of the customers said----------watch it, those .40S&W's really kick. :lol: :roll:
I said "OK,but having a 14oz Kel-Tec P40 handgun in .40S&W and shooting it one handed and it not kicking hardly at all "(it can't be too bad :?: )"But thanks for the warning"

This gun weighs 4lbs???????????? (No kick to speak of)even the wife said--------no kick!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

madman4570 wrote:Yesterday when I got it one of the customers said----------watch it, those .40S&W's really kick.

Really! I'm glad I didn't know that before shooting any of my big bore guns or I'd of broken my arm. Now that I know I'll be real careful. :D
Old Law Dawg
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Went and got 3 boxes of the Hornady TAP ammo today.(155gr XTD .40 S&W ) not cheap($1)a piece. ($60 for qty 60)
But,that's what I will use in this!

Used my 100 yard range and shot some groups.(Actually this gun for what it is,shoots extremely well)
Averaged overall of all combined groupings-------3.25" at 100yds

Boy those 155's really zing. (right around 1400fps)

I am looking into changing the front sight with an all aluminum AR15 type sight and also mount a small green laser.
Might also switch the forearm to the smaller/lighter one? and install the quick on/off Zytel 1" stock extension.

Its funny, back in the early 90's when everyone used to pick on my brother/myself (at the M1 comp shoots)us using our Colt AR15 Match HBARs---(till we started beating them :lol: )------they called those AR's --(black toys) and even after beating them and others bought any(black toys)

But this here gun really looks like a black toy,it's a hoot.(I love it)Also bought a Dell 15" laptop case at Staples.Fits perfect.
Now for some 30rd preban mags?
What a fun gun!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Glock recentely makes a 22-shot .40 magazine. Try CDNN.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

tman wrote:Glock recentely makes a 22-shot .40 magazine. Try CDNN.
Thanks!
I will check it out.
Only thing any mag over 10rds(NYS)has to be pre-ban! :(
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

when I was looking for a Sub-2000 I went with the 9mm because the factory made a 33 rounder for it. There is nothing for the .40 like that from anybody you'd want to use, at least not back then. And I needed a 9mm and already had .40's, that also helped.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Got one(UPDATE)bought the other NEW one!

Post by madman4570 »

I see that there are so many things you can do to these guns,its unreal!
Was reading that (in the .40S&W)they are approaching the velocity of 1700fps with Corbon's 135gr JHP in that gun :o
That and being also in a .40cal it has gotta be one heck of a man-stopper?

The price I paid(just the fold-factor and fitting into a tiny 15" laptop case(even with mag inserted)is worth that.
I think I might pour some more considerable $'s with tricking out the little guy!

Cool factor-----------------High

I did call Kel-Tec today and talked to them about what I want to do with the gun(and me being 2nd owner)and my manual only saying lifetime warranty is for original owner.

Told me -----don't worry about it,we will take care of your needs.(very impressed) :mrgreen:
Was told------main thing,enjoy your gun and shoot it!