Speaking of Browning 1886's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Speaking of Browning 1886's

Post by Aussie Chris »

This just advertised for sale today, first ive seen here in Aus.

Tad bit pricey!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Re: Speaking of Browning 1886's

Post by getitdone1 »

Aussie Chris wrote:This just advertised for sale today, first ive seen here in Aus.

Tad bit pricey!
Aussie Chris,

Pricey is right. Perhaps in Austrailia American guns sell for more than here.

See on GunsInternational.com they are selling for a lot less. Check it out.

This is a heavy gun, maybe heavier than you'd like. That's why I went with the carbine SRC version of this same gun.

Don
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul Jenkins »

THEY ARE HEAVEY, NOT AN ALL DAY CARRY GUN, BUT, THE EXTRA WEIGHT HELPS EASE THE RECOIL OF HEAVEY HUNTING LOADS. i JUST SOLD ONE TO nATE kIOWA jONES TO UPGRADE???
FOR $1400. anib. aND VERY ACCURATE. iT WAS A GREAT PLEASURE TO OWN & LOTS OF FUN TO SHOOT.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

I would like the SRC version like KirkD's new purchase. Hard to find any old Winchesters and Marlins are generally a fair bit expensive compared to over there.
The hard thing is just finding them, gone are the days of seeing any pre 64 Winchester on a gunshop rack.

Ive only ever seen one in my life and that was a 1950's src 94 in 2003 when I was 18.

Chris
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Paul Jenkins wrote:THEY ARE HEAVEY, NOT AN ALL DAY CARRY GUN, BUT, THE EXTRA WEIGHT HELPS EASE THE RECOIL OF HEAVEY HUNTING LOADS. i JUST SOLD ONE TO nATE kIOWA jONES TO UPGRADE???
FOR $1400. anib. aND VERY ACCURATE. iT WAS A GREAT PLEASURE TO OWN & LOTS OF FUN TO SHOOT.
Forgot you had the caps lock on? :o
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are