.22 Rimfire favorite

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

.22 Rimfire favorite

Post by Bigahh »

I know most everyone has more than 1 in their safes. I went to the range this morning, and brought along 3 of them. Someday I would love to add a Marlin 39A to sit next to my Winchester 9422. What is your favorite .22, mine is my 23" Barreled Winchester model 63 with a Williams peep attached. Made in the early to mid 50's, it is just fun to shoot, but I love to shoot them all as you all probably do also. Since Paco posted the same topic in a sticky my favorite has changed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: .22 Rimfire favorite

Post by J Miller »

My favorite .22 is the Winchester 9422. I only got one. Bought it for my Christmas present many summers ago.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Marlin 39a, have 5.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

In 22lr -

It's a toss up between my 39a Mountie and my Win 62a. I like the 9422, too but that one's for the kids, so can't really claim it.

In 22mag -

It's between my Marlin 1894M or Win 9422M.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul Jenkins »

Mine is a Kimber Classic / Zeiss 4X14, Colt Woodsman , Marlin 39, Win.-Miroku '63. The Kimber will group .4 all day long at 50 yds . The woodsman is my latest and a pleasure in every way.
I feel very fortunate to have these fine arms. Happier than a pig in ----.
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Depends on what I'm doing.

Target shooting: 1929 Pre-A, speedlock Winchester M52

Hunting: 1978 Marlin 39A worked over by Mic

Handgun: 1959 S&W M18, 4 inch
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
TravisM
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TravisM »

My favorite .22 rifle is my Henry H-001 and my favorite handgun is my Heritage Rough Rider. They aren't fancy, but they always end up at the range with me. (I think they sneak into the carry case when I'm not looking. :D )
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I got all excited when I saw your 63 as my best shootin' one is a 63 also! :D As far as my favorite goes, its most likely my Winchester low wall made in 1909 with a 36" Stevens scope.-----------Sixgun

Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

It fully depends on which one I've spent the most time with recently so in no particular order:

Buckmark Carbine
CZ452
BL22

I just traded into a Win 75 with Lyman target sights so who knows where that will end up on the list.

Of the ones I no longer own a Mossberg 320B (IIRC) and Vostok CM2 (both single shot rifles) are strong contenders to be replaced someday and a .22 Martini is on the Perpetual Wish List. Maybe an original Browning T-Bolt and/or SA22 as well...
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Sixgun wrote:As far as my favorite goes, its most likely my Winchester low wall made in 1909 with a 36" Stevens scope.-----------Sixgun
Dang it, now I need to add one of those to the Perpetual Wish List! :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

I would have to say my Browning buckmark, for what ever reason I shoot it better then i do my Ruger 10/22.
Terry
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

Repeater: BL-22
Single shot: Stevens Favorite
Pistol: Colt Targetsman
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

It's a toss up between the Marlin 39A and the Savage 29 pump. Both are great shooters.
toby
Levergunner

Post by toby »

Toss up between my Nylon 66 or my dad's 62A. For pistol, it would be my Buckmark.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Favorite? My Ruger 10/22. This was the last gun my Dad gave me before he died. I have shot it countless thousands of times. Just love it - for the memories, personal significance, accuracy - everything! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ruger 96/22 and Ruger Single Six for plinking and newbie instruction - thus the Red-dot sight on the rifle.

Semiautos are fun too...!

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Sixgun wrote:Image
Wow. That's like seein' a pretty girl. :wink:

I've had the same Ruger 10/22 for nearly 30 years and it's still a tack-driver.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I recently did a 'tacti-cool' and re-stocked the old fella with one of those fancy Archangel stocks.

It still shoots great and handles pretty well, but it looks like a d@mned kid's gun.

:oops: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

CZ 452 FL
Ricky

DWWC
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Henry large loop lever carbine .22lr shoot it every day so it must be my favorite. But I got my son a Sig-Sauer last month for his 17th Birthday and that thing sure is fun also, but there is just something about moving that lever over and over that soothes me. God Bless. :|
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I am a latecomer to owning the Marlin 39A...always wanted one but didn't get one until a few years ago. It has quickly become my favorite all time 22. Recently my son fired some overloaded/recall Winchester ammo in it and the bolt got ruined, but Marlin replaced it and it is shooting like a dream once again. I love the way it "hangs" on target offhand, the very nice trigger pull and how accurate it is. Also love the tube mags that so many of us grew up with on this gun....no more busting my thumb loading up my 10/22. Plus, it just looks and feels cool, not to mention the nostalgia factor that it has been around for over a hundred and ten years.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Tumbleweeds II
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tumbleweeds II »

The Savage NRA Match Rifle my grandfather left me has to be the favorite, but the 39a is the one I usually hunt with.
Formerly known as "Tumbleweeds"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

toss up between my marlin TDS with receiver sight (22lr) or my 9422M in 22 mag. In handgun I use a Kimber conversion on my Kimber Raptor II.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Driftwood Johnson
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Driftwood Johnson »

Howdy

I have a 10/22, a Marlin 39A, and my Dad's old Winchester '06. But I gotta say this nice Winchester Model 61 has recently become my favorite. I just bought it a few months ago. It was made in 1941 and all I had to do was change out the broken front sight for a Marbles gold bead front sight. It is much more accurate than me, and I can work the action faster than I can my Marlin. We have 22 plate shoots in this neck of the woods once a month all winter. We have fifteen seconds to knock down 8 plates of differing sizes, all set out at 25 yards. I have difficulty getting 8 aimed shots off in 15 seconds with the Marlin, but the Model 61 pump is a little bit quicker and I can usually get off 8 shots in the allotted time. Knocking them all down is of course another story.

I don't know where we're going but there's no sense being late.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

I have an old Remington Model 34 that is the most pleasurable to shoot for me. Light, slim and accurate with a peep.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

63 also!
"That'll Be The Day"
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I'm an accuracy nut. I'd have to go with my Anschutz 1710 heavy barrel. I have others with more history behind them, but the 1710 would be the last to go.
Ter
Levergunner

Post by Ter »

CZ 452 Special Military Training rifle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Motex66
Levergunner

Post by Motex66 »

My favorite rifle be would my Winchester 52B.
Favorite handgun High Standard Model 106.
I do find myself shooting my Winchester 9422 more often.
The Ruger Single-Six also is getting more range time.
I'm just not as serious about group size as I once was.
Now it seems to be minute of falling plate.
Maybe my favorites are changing.
Always told the young guys at work wasn't nothing permanent but change.
John
Remington40x
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Remington40x »

Small frame Martini actions. Own 4 - Greener takedown (custom metal work by Brian Burgin with engraving by Ken Hurst), BSA Model 12/15, BSA Model 13, BSA International Mark III. All of them shoot better than I can (which might not be such a ringing endorsement, given my shooting skills).
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Mine is a Varner favorite replica.It is actually in all senses a better gun than the original.