What is a Winchester 94 in .32 Special worth

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
19112TAP
Levergunner

What is a Winchester 94 in .32 Special worth

Post by 19112TAP »

I have a Winchester 94 in .32 Special made in 1907, it has a 26" octagonal bl. bore is near perfect, blueing is 95% + with a few rust spots the size of pencil lead or smaller on the reciever, the wood still has the orignal finish with a few small dings. The rear sight is adjustable for elevation and has some writing on it reguarding .32 special and yardage marks. I took this gun in on a trade for a trailer I had from a older gentle man and he said it was his dads but he had not used it him self and had no interest in it. I'm looking to move it on and would like to find out what a far market price would be. I don't have any pictures and I know that would help alot. I would appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks
Tom
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What is a Winchester 94 in .32 Special worth

Post by 6pt-sika »

Your best bet would be to look on Gunbroker and see what similar ones are priced at and watch to see if they're moving .

If they aren't moving you'll know the price could be a bit high !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A million five! Seriously, can you post some pictures?

BTW, does anyone know when the 32 Spl was last produced?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

southfork
Levergunner 2.0

Post by southfork »

They seem to bring about 15% to 20% less than their equivalent in 30-30 calber in my part of the country, even though there were far fewer of them made than the 30-30s. That may seem counter intuitive because all of the other non-30-30 calibers (25-35, 32-40, 38-55) seem to bring significantly more coin than the 30-30's around here (Rocky Mountain West). That being said, I wouldn't mind having a Model 94 in 32 Special. Can you either post a picture or send me some pics if you are serious about selling the rifle?
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

southfork wrote:They seem to bring about 15% to 20% less than their equivalent in 30-30 calber in my part of the country, even though there were far fewer of them made than the 30-30s. That may seem counter intuitive because all of the other non-30-30 calibers (25-35, 32-40, 38-55) seem to bring significantly more coin than the 30-30's around here (Rocky Mountain West). That being said, I wouldn't mind having a Model 94 in 32 Special. Can you either post a picture or send me some pics if you are serious about selling the rifle?
Yep, i just posted about one i bought for 500 bucks on GB --- i would have expected a 30/30 of that vintage (a 1943 model) to be around 600-650 in equivalent shape (that is -- decent enough to look at, but with enough handling marks and light corrosion that you dont feel bad about shooting it)

I saw a few long barreled octagonal examples with significantly higher asking prices though (1200 - 1500 bucks ) -- again , condition is everything
----- Doug
Bob Winchester
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bob Winchester »

I bought this one for $400 a few months a go. It's a war years one, assuming it was one of the last off the line before the change over. It's .32 Winspcl. Ammo cost at least double that of the 30-30, I think that is what keep the price down on the rifles some. But from what I gather it's one of the premier deer rounds.

Shot at 2010-11-15

I also bought this 64, which is basically a 94 with a longer barrel. It's also in .32 Winspcl made in 1937. I got it for $300, but it was thought to be broken. It was missing a single screw. If yours in is in as nice as shape as you say I think you can bring premium price because of the age.