NEW 1894's FROM MARLIN

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

NEW 1894's FROM MARLIN

Post by Bogie35 »

I hope I'm not reporting old news, but Marlin has a couple new 1894's that some of us may be interested in. The 1894SBL in 44 Mag, and the 1894CSBL in 357 Mag. Not your typical wood and steel, but very practical and weather resistant. I like 'em! :mrgreen:
They're also offering the 336Y again.

Here's the link to their new online catalog:

http://www.thedigitaleditiononline.com/ ... n/?i=56797

The new 1894's are on pages 12 & 13.

Enjoy!

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Re: NEW 1894's FROM MARLIN

Post by damienph »

I wish the 336Y had a straight grip instead of pistol grip.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

i kinda like them too!.....i dont know about the rail though...
and i must get a 39a.....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Unless I missed it, no more .35 Remington and .444 Marlin chambered "XLR" rifles. :( :(

I felt like those were two of the best XLR options in 'traditional' rounds.

I'd still like an XLR in .338 Marlin though - dunno why exactly, just 'because'...
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

Even though the 1895M is still on their website, it's not in the catalog.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

The ss cowboy model looks very, very nice.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Chas. wrote:Even though the 1895M is still on their website, it's not in the catalog.
Yep. The catalog is a little ahead of the website. "86er" posted a while back that the 450 Marlin is being discontinued. :(

Bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

AJMD429 wrote:...I'd still like an XLR in .338 Marlin though - dunno why exactly, just 'because'...
That 338 ME is a real hot one. If it gains and keeps favor with the ammo manufacturers, it'll be around a long time. Is Remington still offering that 250 grain load for it?

Bogie
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Still hoping against hope that someday Marlin will offer the Cowboy rifle series in a .38-40....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

Bogie35,
Thanks for posting the link.
I opened it in a new tab, took about 50 seconds to download the PDF, then I saved it to my PC for later perusal. This way I can look at it with Adobe Reader, and avoid those annoying sound effects (just me being a COB.)
Mark :mrgreen:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
BobM
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BobM »

The 336Y, is that the youth model they made a few years ago with the 16" barrel?
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

You're welcome Mark! :D

bogie
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

BobM wrote:The 336Y, is that the youth model they made a few years ago with the 16" barrel?
Yep! That's the one! :D

bogie
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Not claiming to know a thing here, but I shot a SASS match the big guy from Ilion attended a couple of years ago, and he played with and said he liked my 16" 1894. Did that experience plant a seed, I dunno. But the 16" gun with the "mitten" lever and SS barrel and laminate stock screams ATV or snowmobile-based use, which is a good market for them....
Certified gun nut
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Just a cautionary note, don't buy a new Marlin without inspecting it personally.
QC was getting pretty bad, may take a bit to get the new plant & workers up to speed.

Not knocking the brand, this is strictly to say look closely before laying your money down.
Denis
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

DPris wrote:Just a cautionary note, don't buy a new Marlin without inspecting it personally.
QC was getting pretty bad, may take a bit to get the new plant & workers up to speed.

Not knocking the brand, this is strictly to say look closely before laying your money down.
Denis
Thanks Denis. I hope it's just the transition that's causing the problems. It would be heartbreaking if Marlin went to the dogs. :(

bogie
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I've been waiting for a distributor to get some of the 336Y's in. I'll order a couple as soon as I can find them in stock.
Jeff H
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jeff H »

I like that youth model - for me, not for my kids. :D
A long pull has always been problematic for me and I hate chopping good wood off of stocks.

I also prefer a straight grip, but I really like that "mitten lever" a lot.
Not sure if they would interchange or if the maker would sell one, but it would be close to an ideal combination for me.

I sometimes get the run-around from Ruger on parts, and the only Marlin part I have ever needed was no longer made by them (ejector/spring for a 94 .44 mag) and I had to get it as an aftermarket piece.
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

QC was slipping markedly for the past year or two at the old Marlin factory with their leverguns.
We looked at a couple at the SHOT Show and they were what I'd call embarrassing.
I'm hoping the new plant & workers will turn that around, Marlins are great working guns.
There's a potential, with new machinery & workers, for a return to former quality levels.

In the meantime, make no assumptions & don't commit yourself to anything you can't inspect personally first.
Denis