Range report 1955 Mountie w/pics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Range report 1955 Mountie w/pics

Post by pharmseller »

First, let me remind the crowd NOT to shoot my wife's windchimes (when she's home). She doesn't like it.

This first picture is the "before" of my backyard (also known as my shooting range). I took this photo from my deck, which runs along three sides of the 2nd floor of my house.

The creek runs in the course I dug for it. I wanted it a little closer to the house so I could hear it as I fell asleep.

This picture is the "after" several weekends and more than a couple of busted wheelbarrows and a whole lot of Advil:

I deepened and widened the creek because of the heavy runoff. I put 2" round in the bottom so it wouldn't look like a ditch in the summertime.

Here's the shooting area of the range (I can shoot in all kinds of weather, and brass recovery is a breeze):

Nasty as heck today, so I decided to run some shorts through the Mountie. I put some cans tied to fishing line in the trees about 30 yards from the house. I made sure the line of fire would place the bullets beyond the river rock. The closest neighbor behind me is about 4 miles away and a thousand feet up the mountain.
That Mountie can shoot!

I only ran a box of 50 but I don't think I missed many! And shorts don't make much noise at all. A nice way to spend a few minutes on a nasty day.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
John Y Cannuck
Levergunner 1.0

Post by John Y Cannuck »

Nice work on the backyard, I bet that stone wasn't cheap.

No way could I have a floor like that on your deck outside up here, the winter would destroy it. Lucky dog.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Wow - that's nice! Enjoy it
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

By gum! That's quite the range you got there! :D
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

VERY nice!! I really like your work on the backyard!! Thanks for sharing!
John
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

THat looks like a beautiful yard to spend time in!!! Very nice!!! Thanks for the pics!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Quinn -

That looks wonderful - like a little slice of heaven!!! :D 8)
jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

Looks like your hard work has paid off!
Jonathan

Soldier
NRA Life Member