John Browning

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

John Browning

Post by Lastmohecken »

John Browning's motto was "why use one part when 5 will do". :D

However, I consider the 1911 to be a very simple system, because it's one of the few gun that I can take down completely, and change parts, fit parts, etc. And it doesn't look cheap, like so many guns do nowdays.

Now, the Browning A5 has a lot of small parts, but I love it, and a good one can be carried and shot for a lifetime, with out every really having to tear it all of the way down, except for basic barrel removable. Spray it down and shoot it, they usually work. And the Winchester model 94 is the same way, shoot it for a lifetime, a little oil and it will usually work, so who cares it if has a few extra parts. :D
NRA Life Member, Patron
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: John Browning

Post by jeepnik »

Hmm, question the master will you. Just how many of your "inventions" will be around a century later? Have you actually created anything but warm, moist oxygen depleted air.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

jeepnik wrote:Hmm, question the master will you. Just how many of your "inventions" will be around a century later? Have you actually created anything but warm, moist oxygen depleted air.
OUCH!!!

J :shock: e
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

:shock:
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I kinda get upset when folks bad mouth the guy responsible for my being here today. And we never met, but the handgun he created did for me what it has done for one heck of alot of other American servicemen and women.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
aragornelessar86
Levergunner

Post by aragornelessar86 »

jeepnik wrote:Hmm, question the master will you. Just how many of your "inventions" will be around a century later? Have you actually created anything but warm, moist oxygen depleted air.
Haha!!! Brilliant.
Puma 92, 24.5in. BBl. length, SS, .357 Mag
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?

I wasn't knocking or questioning John Browning, with my post, but maybe it came off that way. Some people say that his guns have too many parts, my point was that his guns worked so well, and most require so little maintance, that who cares if they have a lot of parts, as most of his guns are very reliable. I am one of John Browning's biggest fans. Most of my favorite guns are of Browning name or design.
NRA Life Member, Patron
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Lastmohecken wrote:
ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?

I wasn't knocking or questioning John Browning, with my post, but maybe it came off that way. Some people say that his guns have too many parts, my point was that his guns worked so well, and most require so little maintance, that who cares if they have a lot of parts, as most of his guns are very reliable. I am one of John Browning's biggest fans. Most of my favorite guns are of Browning name or design.
In light of this, I reread your original post. Okay, now I get it. Mia culpa
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

It was still funny, though...