Value question of a jewel of a rifle I just ran across!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Value question of a jewel of a rifle I just ran across!

Post by Booger Bill »

Today I saw a remington model 25 made in I belive, 1925. It is a pump in 25-20. It is so flawless without a blem and I belive unfired! At first I thought it brand new, or at least a fine refinish. Its straight! The pusher is asking $950s. I need it like a hole in the head, but it has me drooling! Whatcha think? It really probley be a sin to shoot it, although I would! I am sure I probley could even make money on it were I to sell it, however I am old, and 17 years older than my wife. Were I to croak, she probley wouldnt get a fraction of the investment out. But then again, I have quite a number of guns like that!
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Value question of a jewel of a rifle I just ran across!

Post by Bigahh »

All depends on how bad you really want the gun!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

If it's truly in original condition, then that's not out line. If it's the rarer "carbine" version, then it's a really good deal. The Model 25, whether it's 25-20 or 32-20, is highly collectible and garners high prices.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Thanks. I may go back and check, dont know if its the carbine or rifle, but probley rifle. I looks better than this one.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/959532444/Gu ... ALIBER.htm
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

In that condition, you'd be barking mad not to buy it.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Yeah I was gonna say the same Kirk. RUN straight away and buy it!

My 2¢ worth...

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Thanks! Guess I am looking for encouragement. I know now it isnt the carbine. I have bought guns from this dealer before. He seems to get some cherry stuff! He is near me and untill cabelas opened he used to claim he was the biggest dealer in utah. He is in a very small town here. He said someone had just walked in with it when I asked him where it came from! Maybe I can work on my wife. While I can do anything I feel I need to include her. Money is tight and I am retired.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I have a 25R .25-20 with a 20" bbl and a full length mag tube. The little beast is deadly accurate. I bought it way back when for $150.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Bogger Bill,
If that Remington grabs you, well, you just have to get it. In life, we all have all sorts of aggravation and stress, insurance bills, electric bills, repairs..........on and on.

I'll be darned if I'm gonna let a little happiness slip by when I have the opportunity to grab it.

I had two opportunities to grab these two Remingtons at different times that were priced affordable. I bought 'em because I think they are the handiest centerfire gun ever made. Top one is the 32-20 and the bottom one is a 25-20. The 25-20 is a 95% gun.

$950 for one that like new? 99%? Highway robbery on your part. If that gun is as nice as you say it is, it will bring close to 2 g's on the internet.------------------------I hope I have enabled you. :D -------------------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
msmith1228
Levergunner 2.0

Post by msmith1228 »

I am not an expert but the rear sight looks like it came off an old mossberg.