FS- NICE 1952 Marlin 336A in .35 Rem - SOLD PF

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

FS- NICE 1952 Marlin 336A in .35 Rem - SOLD PF

Post by cubrock »

SOLD PENDING FUNDS

FS - Marlin 336A in .35 Remington. VERY nice gun. SN puts production at 1952. Comes with Lyman 66LA rear sight, original rear sight and plug screws, Lyman box and paperwork, and original Marlin hangtag. The blue is 98-99% with the only wear being a bit on the original rear sight where it was drifted out, a touch on the front sight base, and a small bit of VERY LIGHT pitting (or could be manufacturing defects) on the upper corner of the receiver. It is so light you have to be in good light to see it. The gun was never fired by me, but was obviously fired at some point as the bolt face has a ring on it. Excellent Ballard-rifled bore. To get a better gun, you'd probably have to go back in time and buy it new

The front sight blade appears to be custom made. It did not come to me with the original front sight blade. However, it is a very handy blade and when used with the Lyman, gives a sight picture very similar to an XS post with a smaller aperture rear sight ring. The original owner was ahead of his time!

$595 shipped in the Lower 48 to 01 or C&R FFL. Your dealer must be willing to accept shipment directly from an individual. Please email me direct if interested. Thanks for looking!

steve@groundwaterresourcespllc.com

Last edited by cubrock on Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

Ooooh, I like that one!

There's a free bump.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Almost a twin to my 1952, except mine now wears a Redfield 102 and a silver blade front sight. My SN is about 24000 earlier than yours. Wonderful rifles, a real testament to American ingenuity and manufacturing quality of past days.

Image[/img]
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

Guns from the immediate post-WWII era represent the pinnacle of American gunmaking to me. I love the late 40's to very early 60's Rugers, S&Ws, Colts, and Marlins!
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

I agree cubrock. Marlin used some really pretty, straight grained walnut in that time period.
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.