california state legislature

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
donw
Levergunner 3.0

california state legislature

Post by donw »

i just got word that the state legislature will vote tomorrow on registering ALL LONG GUNS AND SHOTGUNS...call/write/email/fax for a "NO" vote on AB1810
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: california state legislature

Post by AJMD429 »

THEN be sure to vote OUT OF OFFICE every single one who voted for it, REGARDLESS of whether it passes.

After that, bring the sum-b's who introduced the legislation up on charges of violating their oaths of office, and tell them they're lucky they weren't hung from the nearest tree.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
darkwater
Levergunner 1.0

Post by darkwater »

Hey Don, if you aren't already aware of it, please check out Calguns.net...it's where CA gunnies gather to keep informed and coordinate our efforts. Actually, at this point, with the anti-gun liberals very much in control of the legislature, and Arnold signing most everything they pass, trying to keep these things from passing is like beating your head against a brick wall.

Our best efforts and successes are in the courts right now. Thanks to McDonald v. Chicago, we have 3 cases that are now moving forward to challenge the safe handgun roster, to challenge the "no issue" stance of two counties, and to challenge the gun show ban on county property in another county. We also have something in the works to challenge the ammunition registration law that is due to take effect in 2011. Consider joining the California Rifle and Pistol Assoc. and donating to the Calguns Foundation to help in the legal battles being waged. If you already have, great!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

and next will come a $50.00 per gun per year registration fee to "cover the costs associated with registration", really to pay the fat pensions of the bureaucrats.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

It is a fact that trying to convince the 'feel gooders' in our legislature to vote for anything resembling sensible gun laws is a waste of time. Any and all correspondence expressing concern and requesting votes in opposite to their "ideals" will be abruptly deposited in the circular file on the floor. As to voting them out, it ain't gonna happen. The VAST majority of CA voters ONLY vote Democrat and support those whose views parallel theirs. "D" after a legislator's name guarantees a vote for gun "wrongs", not rights. :x
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Mike you've got it - the idealogues WANT to upset the gun owners, it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy.

The only restraint they have is a potential loss of revenue, that might give pause to some of the less radical. For example, closing down shooting ranges or outlawing deer hunting. Some would love to do it but would lose them so much money that they'll save it for last.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

"D" after a legislator's name guarantees a vote for gun "wrongs", not rights.
In California for sure but having worked there for over a decade it looks to me as though the majority of Californians vote "D" because they know it's a vote for continued or even improved entitlements or "gets" as I call them. Never mind actually PAYING for all of it - just gimme gimme gimme. Your average California city slicker doesn't own any guns and could care less about gun rights as a result but they probably do have someone benefitting from California's European-style handouts and social programs. You'll NEVER get a majority of Californians to vote against their own gluttony...which is exactly why the state is falling headlong into bankruptcy.

Our only hope regarding gun ownership rights and avoiding what our friends in the U.K. and Australia have suffered is to support and strengthen our Constitutional rights via law suits and through the Supreme Court. FORCE our American ideals back down the throats of the loony liberals infesting both of our coasts and most major cities! Key to that is voting Republican for President and avoiding debacles like this Kagan woman. What a disaster for the Constitution of the United States of America she will be! :evil:

I think it was Tip O'Neil who said, "All politics are local." That's largely true and I don't mean to discourage anyone from heeding the call of this thread's original post, but in the case of gun rights it sure seems to me that all politics rest with the Supreme Court. Since our Senate has self-castrated when it comes to SCOTUS bench nominees I've concluded that every gun owner's vote for President is about the only thing that counts. And National Rifle Association membership of course.

Best,
Oly
Last edited by olyinaz on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Take Oly's post and switch IL for CA and it's the exact same here.

I still vote against any and all democrats. Period!

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

Has Arnie done anything for shooters or is he just one of these guys who likes to use guns in movies?
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Mike D. wrote:It is a fact that trying to convince the 'feel gooders' in our legislature to vote for anything resembling sensible gun laws is a waste of time. Any and all correspondence expressing concern and requesting votes in opposite to their "ideals" will be abruptly deposited in the circular file on the floor. As to voting them out, it ain't gonna happen. The VAST majority of CA voters ONLY vote Democrat and support those whose views parallel theirs. "D" after a legislator's name guarantees a vote for gun "wrongs", not rights. :x
Yep, the majority of voters live in the Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Sacramento areas, vastly liberal, and not gun/hunting friendly. But then again, voting in CA is a waste of time; look at Prop 8...

(Not CA bashing, I lived there 60 years)
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

El Chivo wrote:Mike you've got it - the idealogues WANT to upset the gun owners, it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy.

The only restraint they have is a potential loss of revenue, that might give pause to some of the less radical. For example, closing down shooting ranges or outlawing deer hunting. Some would love to do it but would lose them so much money that they'll save it for last.
Loss / lack of funding doesn't seem to be a deterent in CA.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

olyinaz wrote: ...In California for sure but having worked there for over a decade it looks to me as though the majority of Californians vote "D" because they know it's a vote for continued or even improved entitlements or "gets" as I call them....
Yup. I quit being a union steward within a law enforcement agency. I was disgusted and angry (still am) at how both good State cops and County cops that I know have somewhat sold their souls by supporting their unions' calls to support and endorse liberal, big-spending, anti-death sentence and even anti-imprisonment political leeches because of promises of pay increases to their agencies. The biggest sellout agencies are represented in their highest pay, including (for instance) the California Highway Patrol that supported Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown; and didn't they also support the man who devastated our economy - Gray Davis?

By the way, I'm not singling out CHP because I have an agenda - I do it because they are internationally known as one of the finest, most highly trained (in their field), most selective and respected "street cop" agencies in the world. And an officer deserves to get paid for the risks he takes and sacrifices made - but where does fair pay end and personal greed begin?

I'm past LE of 39 years, yet I NEVER give any credence to any ads where law enforcement unions support a particular candidate. In fact, the first thing that runs through my mind is that this candidate therefore represents more reckless spending through their political promises to the unions who publicly pressure the union delegates in their meetings to support these slugs (I was there - I know). And because of the liberal, slap-on-the wrist sentences allowed in this state, our lawlessness results in the need for more cops, which means more (very strong) police unions, several of which almost always support the liberal candidates who are the least interested in law enforcement as it relates to truly protecting society. How ironic. As an aside, I would challenge any California cop to prove my statement wrong.

HOBIE, I know that you are alert and that you are good at doing your job; and that this thread was doomed to turn very political. PLEASE leave a place marker here so that it at least points to the topic that you will soon be placing into the "Politics" forum. The alert affects all levergunners, one way or the other, as California decisions end up infecting the rest of the nation like a cancer. Thanks in advance - John
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Lawyer Daggit wrote:Has Arnie done anything for shooters or is he just one of these guys who likes to use guns in movies?
Bingo.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Unions, minorities and liberals out number the good people.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

El Chivo wrote:Mike you've got it - the idealogues WANT to upset the gun owners, it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy.
I once was in a debate with an anti-gun individual who flat-out agreed with my comment that it seemed "out-machoing the NRA was more important than actually reducing violent crime". She justified it by saying that a 'symbolic' victory was important to many people (I guess she meant the ivory-tower and gated-community Liberals whose right to 'warm-fuzzies' was more important than the inner-city woman who has to ride the last bus home each night after slaving at some minimum-wage job, and just wants to keep from getting raped).
Lawyer Daggit wrote:Has Arnie done anything for shooters or is he just one of these guys who likes to use guns in movies?
He just LOVES guns in the movies, but THOSE guns are just pretend ones, so they're ok. Most 'movie star' types (with some wonderful exceptions) are like that, and even have their OWN real guns, and often, their own armed bodyguards - but you see, since they are 'special' people, and oh so much more endangered every day by wierdo-stalker-fans than we 'viewers' who work in pharmacies, banks, travel for a living, or whatever, that THEY actually NEED guns, unlike the rest of society.

I won't pay to see a movie that one of those anti-gun hypocrites is in; that's when I'll wait until someone else has a copy and I'll borrow it. On the other hand, if I like a movie with a pro-gun actor in it, I ALWAYS buy a copy, just on principle.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Old Savage wrote:Unions, minorities and liberals out number the good people.
Holy carp man get a grip. Minorities are NOT "bad people"!!!!

Incredible...