Destructive Whistle Pig Problem Solved.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Destructive Whistle Pig Problem Solved.

Post by cshold »

The flowerbeds are safe from destruction once again.
Used a standard Rem. .22 LR gold tip that I Paco’ized with the famous “Acu’rzr” The bullet entered base of the neck with no exit.
Absolutely no movement, D. O. the spot.

Last edited by cshold on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Destructive Whistle Pig Problem Solved.

Post by JReed »

"That will do pig. That will do" :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

That took care of that! I have shot a lot of those with the 22LR. They work real well if you hit them where it counts. They can be surprisingly tough if you mess up though.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

iceman wrote: They can be surprisingly tough if you mess up though.
Sad to say I agree.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I got one with the 32-20 about a month ago,then last nite just before supper I spied another ,makeing it's way slowly down the backyard to our garden. I went on full alert.grabbed the Marlin and no ammo in the house. :o .but there was for the .22 and all is well again. :D .
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

.45colt wrote:I got one with the 32-20 about a month ago,then last nite just before supper I spied another ,makeing it's way slowly down the backyard to our garden. I went on full alert.grabbed the Marlin and no ammo in the house. :o .but there was for the .22 and all is well again. :D .
The mighty little .22 rimfire, still gettin’r done. 8)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Never heard the term "whistle pig" until I met my future father-in-law. We were at his Christmas tree farm in rural Ohio, having come for the weekend for a visit and to do some shooting. I was looking forward to using my Dad's M1 Garand, and sighting it in, as I had not had a chance to take it to someplace where I was able to shoot longer shots since I had inherited it. We're all sitting around a picnic table, eating lunch, when he says "look at that whistle pig!", pointing up the hill a couple hundred yards. I said, "you mean that groundhog?", and he replies "yes". My future BIL starts taking a couple shots at it with his .22, to no effect. Heck, the whistle pig didn't even move. My future FIL asks me if I had anything that would reach that far. We had not started shooting yet, so he didn't know what I had brought. I told him I did, but it was not sighted in yet. He told me to take a crack. I go to my car, open up the trunk, and take out the M1 with a loaded clip. My future FIL yells "that's an M1!". He is a Korean War veteran, so knew the weapon type well. I just smiled back, said "sure is", and proceeded to load it, after putting on some "eyes and ears".

I took aim, and let a shot fly. It was dead on windage-wise, but about 2 feet low. Scared the daylights out of the pig, as he ducked down his hole immediately. My future wife learned why I put on hearing protection when her brother had not for the .22! She dropped her drink in her lap!!!

I did end up getting that ol' M1 sighted in, but the whistle pig never returned while we were there. Smart one! :wink: