OT - Rant

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Rant

Post by Ysabel Kid »

While driving today, about to pass a car on my right (that's how we do it here GK :wink:), the driver rolls down the window and chucks out a cigarette.

While I personally don't approve of the habit, I don't have any say in what a free person does. However, when they litter and spoil everyone's enjoyment of our country, using it for their personal ashtray, I get p-o'd.

So I drove up beside the driving, hoping to express my displeasure. Didn't have a chance to do so though. She was too busy looking in her rearview mirror putting on some lipstick, while holding a cell-phone and the wheel with her other hand.

So, not only was she an inconsiderate litterbug, but one willing to endanger everyone else on the road. :evil:

It is times like this when I wish I had a beat-up old pick-up. Probably best I do not, because I would have had to give her a "bump"... or more. :evil: :evil: :evil:
bdhold

Re: OT - Rant

Post by bdhold »

I saw one doing all that and drinking coffee one day.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

YK,

I honestly do not care if a person smokes or not. It's their choice.
But like you I despise it when the litter up the world. My biggest peeve, and I've been known to almost loose my temper about it is when I pull into a parking space and right by the spot I have to step out in is a pile of ash, butts, and other filth from some idiot who just emptied their ash tray. Oh how that burns me.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

If someone hawks a loogie, a bit of dip,or throws a butt and hits my truck (or heaven help them, me on the scoot :evil: ) there will be a slight exchange of information :twisted: I used to field strip the butt out the window, but the filter would stay in the truck. I have NOT smoked in about 14-15 years...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Interesting that you should post this. Just last week, I was similarly disgusted. I posted this in our local newspaper's "Letters to the Editor." It got posted verbatim, and I heard a few comments around town; so I know that it got to that doctor's wife who played the slob:

"Nice People Aren't Slobs"

To the middle aged lady who was driving her expensive gray convertible WB on Sunset by the school at Noon today (Friday):
[My town] is a lovely little city. We should all try to keep it that way.

You know who you are, and so do I - so I'm surprised. You are no teenager. And throwing trash on the street from your car does not say much for you. If I had not been traveling in the opposite direction, I would given you that "disappointed fellow citizen" look at the stop sign and reminded you of your civic pride. [My town] is a nice little city; we should endeavor to keep it that way. The gang-bangers and vandals have no true pride in themselves or their families so they keep trashing the city; but you know better, don't you? Let's set the example instead of being a bad one, please - people are always watching.

[My name]
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I'll bet you loved that old W.C. Fields-mae West movie where they bought a bunch of jalopies and punished "road hogs."
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Just saying . . . I'll bet $100 she voted for Obama. . .
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:Just saying . . . I'll bet $100 she voted for Obama. . .
A very safe bet!

Joe,

I pulled into a parking space a few years ago, and as I exited my car, so did a "lady" in the car next to me. She took a last drag on her cigarette and threw it on the ground. I yelled "hey" and before I could say another word, she gave me the bird, said something I can't repeat here (showing her mouth as filthy as her personal habits), and walked away.

Being a female, I couldn't do what my first instinct was - to deck her.

But, I did the gentlemanly thing. She had left her window cracked, so I returned the property she had carelessly dropped. With any luck it left a lasting impression on her car seat! :twisted:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Being a female, I couldn't do what my first instinct was - to deck her
Words are important, Miss...... :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I have, on many occasions, while at a traffic light, witnessed a person throw a butt out their car window. On those occasions, I have quickly gotten out of the vehicle, picked it up and thrown it back into the window, telling them "you dropped this". You can't believe the looks I get when i do this. :shock: Not recommended for all, but I get a kick out of it. :lol:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

To play the devil's advocate - I have a friend that does "turf". Don't call it grass, it's "turf". He does high-end golf, soccer, baseball, football fields. He made the comment one time that cigarette butts are one of the best things to work into your "turf". The paper and tobacco is biodegradable and that fiberglass filter holds moisture for the dry times like nothing else. So if you want a lush shoulder, throw you butt out there. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Back in the sixties, it was an acceptable practice to throw your butt out the window. With Lyndon Johnson's "Clean up America", it became taboo.

Some people are just pigs and I don't believe there is a way of changing them. Just take a ride in any major city and you will see what I mean. :wink: Trash, needles, butts, used condoms, liquor bottles, etc.

As long as these pigs and litterers don't tread on me or my property, well, there ain't much you can do about it. Some things are best left alone. If you say something, they will get spiteful and do it all the more, maybe even pull out their "piece".

A couple of years ago, my son was in a Taco Bell in Colorado when this mexican lady rolled down the window and just threw out the wrappings, cups, bags, etc. that her family of 15 just consummed. My son walked over, picked it up and said, "Not in my state will you do this", and threw it back in her car. He's tougher than I am.----------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

A few years ago here in central Fla. we were having drought conditions. No rain for better than a month and a half. A trooper saw a driver throw a lit butt out the window. He got charged with attempted arson.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.