OT- Picked up a couple of old Colt SAA & Holster.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Picked up a couple of old Colt SAA & Holster.

Post by rangerider7 »

I just got back from my annual pilgrimage to Abilene, Texas for a Spur and Bit show. Traded for these with some cash. The one on the left is 45 colt and the one on the right is 32-20. Both were shipped in 1904. The holster is marked S.D. Myres El Paso, Texas and it is made for a 4 3/4 inch Colt SAA. I will know how they shoot tomorrow. This now makes me have all the major calibers in Colt SAA 1st generation models but I do have 3 44-40s and two 38-40s. I doubt if I will get any more, I like all the guns I have now. It was not hard to trade off the ones I took, but it will be from now on.

"That'll Be The Day"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT- Picked up a couple of old Colt SAA & Holster.

Post by J Miller »

Sigh ...... there's just something about a real Colt. I've yet to get my first one, hopefully someday.

What calibers are you lacking in your collection?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I have 45 colt, 44-40, 38-40, & 32-20. These are what I refer to as the major calibers, some are repeated. Colt had many many more calibers but I will not attempt to get them. I have the same calibers in old Winchester levers except 45 Colt. I wish you luck in obtaining a 1st generation Colt SAA. I have the same calibers in 3rd generation Colt SAAs. There is nothing like them IMHO.
"That'll Be The Day"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I would be thrilled to own a good shootable version of any generation Colt SAA. My only requirements is it's gotta be .45 Colt with a 4 3/4" barrel.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
ArcticGoose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ArcticGoose »

I love those Colts! It's hard to find a good condition first generation at a good price. It's cool seeing them in pairs.
"Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not used one or is un-wittingly commenting on their marksmanship." Phil Shoemaker
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

You make me very jealous, RR7. Very jealous indeed. I only have two third gens. Would love to have a first gen. 4 3/4" in 45 Colt. I know, I know, priorities.
Old Law Dawg
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I just got back from my annual pilgrimage to Abilene, Texas for a Spur and Bit show.
I forgot they were doing that! I'm just a little over 40 miles from there.

Oh, well. No time and no money.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Nice find. I would love to have a few older Colt SAA's but I like shooting too much and don't want to take a change on damaging one. Don't have the bucks to buy collectors and shooter's both. :x

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Simply stunning... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Nice, nice, nice :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

20cows, I think I'm going next year and not set up so I can enjoy all the fun things they have to do, concerts, quarter horse races, ranch rodeo, fiddling contest, etc. There is sure some good food in and around Abilene, Joe Allen's, Perrine's etc. :D I also met a nice cowboy that knew Griff from shooting events. His name is Fred Bursey Jr. He has a ranch just north east of the Brazos River, not far from me.
"That'll Be The Day"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very nice and excellent condition for sure. hope they shoot well for you. Blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Hey Range rider,
Do you ever come to the Colorado collectors show? More darn old single action Colts than I thought were ever made let alone preserved are there both for display and sale. Also lots of leather. It is a great show, but it is this weekend! You can bunk at my place, I have a table to sell some things so come on up!
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Don't try to find an "old" Winchester in .45 Colt caliber. They didn't make 'em...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Buck, I know they did't make an old Winchester in 45 Colt. I guess I didn't make myself clear.
I got to shoot both Colt SAAs today. They shot great. I'm a happy camper. :D
"That'll Be The Day"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Very interesting! :mrgreen:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...