OT-reloading die question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

OT-reloading die question

Post by jnyork »

This may be a tall order. Does anyone know if anyone besides Herters made reloading dies for, and marked as for, the .244 Remington? Name of the cartridge was changed IIRC in about 1960 to the 6mm Remington, so they would be made before that date in all likelyhood
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Re: OT-reloading die question

Post by Terry Murbach »

RCBS, LYMAN, ECHO, LACHMILLER, PACIFIC, SAVAGE, C-H, JUST TO NAME A FEW. BY THE WAY, IT WAS ORIGINALLY CHANGED FROM THE 244REMINGTON TO THE 6MM REMINGTON MAGNUM. I SAW BRASS SO NAMED. THEN COOLER HEADS PREVAILED AND IT BECAME THE 6MM REMINGTON.
I ALSO SAW BRASS USED IN A 6MM REM-MAG RIFLE/CHAMBERING THAT WAS A SHORT BELTED CASE THAT WAS EVENTUALLY EXPANDED TO BECOME THE 6.5MMREM-MAG.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
TwoCup
Levergunner

Re: OT-reloading die question

Post by TwoCup »

I have a Remington M742 in 6MM REM MAG with X's over the MAG. The head of Remington's custom shop told me they did that to a bunch of them and then offered them at a discount to distributors.

TwoCup