OT: Another holster question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT: Another holster question

Post by J Miller »

I'd like to buy a holster for my Uberti Colt SAA copy hereon know as IJ.

But money is a concern. I've priced holsters from the custom makers and as much as I'd love to own one, and someday may, right now the prices are way beyond my reach.

So what is out there that is reasonable, say around $60.00 or so that is good for SAAs. I don't want any old west type holsters or generic Hunter types, I want it to fit reasonably well. This is for daily carry and field use. I'd prefer right hand carry as I'm so fat I couldn't reach around the Michelin to a cross draw holster.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Another holster question

Post by RIHMFIRE »

check out Cabelas....and Oklahoma leather
or Ross leather at Midway usa
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
jerry b
Levergunner 1.0

Post by jerry b »

Joe, I keep coming back to either a Bianchi Lawman or El Paso Saddlery Threeperson's. I stick them on a basic heavy 1.75" belt. No wild west, no cartridge loops, no fancy smancy carving. Just good well-made leather that will last decades.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

RIHMFIRE wrote:check out Cabelas....and Oklahoma leather
or Ross leather at Midway usa
Oklahoma Leather = all old west type holsters.
Ross Leather = old west type holsters

Checked other makers in Midway but found nothing but auto stuff. I'm not good at searches. Can't seem to find the right words.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

JOSE,
GO TO EL PASO SADDLERY AND LOOK AT THE TOM THREEPERSONS SHUCKS. THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO CARRY AN SA SIXGUN AND THEY'RE NOT ALL THAT EXPENSIVE. YOU CAN SPECIFY THE RAKE YOU WANT TOO AND LOOP SIZE FOR THE WIDTH OF THE BELT YOU'RE GONNA BE USING WITH IT. I AM PRETTY SURE FOR 60 BUX YOU CAN BUY A BRAND NEW ONE OR DARNED CLOSE TO IT.
THE BIANCHI #1 IS ALL BUT THE SAME AND I'VE BOUGHT 'EM FOR AS LITTLE AS TEN BUCKS USED AT GUNS HOWS ETC. I AM NOT TOO SURE IF BIANCHI MAKES THESE ANYMORE BUT A SEARCH FOR BIANCHI GUNLEATHER SHOULD LET YOU KNOW.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

This is the link to the last fine leather worker I bought from.....

http://www.gun-holsters.com/

Check him out, I was very satisfied. Bought my pancake w/belt a few years ago from him and its is like new today. I use it everyday I carry my revolver, which is usually 4 or 5 days a week.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Terry and Jerry,

Bianchi is still making the Lawman holster. Unfortunately they are close to $80.00 now. Around here I haven't found any used holster sellers.

Will keep looking.

Joe
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Look on Ebay. They have good bargins.
"That'll Be The Day"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

From Midway:

Bianchi 1L Lawman Holster Right Hand Colt Single Action Army, Ruger Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk, Vaquero 4-3/4" Barrel Leather Tan
Product #:
Out of Stock, Backorder OK
Average Customer Rating: 4.75 Stars
Our Price:
$84.99
Add to cart
As much as I'd like to buy a new one of these that is just too expensive for my budget.

rangerider7,
I hadn't thought about eBay. I'll take a look.

Joe
kooz
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kooz »

I have had excellent luck with the Bianchi Lawman #1 and the Galco SAO, I have bought most all of mine used. I would post a WTB ad on the rugerforum, someone always seems to have one of these holsters laying around that they are willing to sell, and as a bonus if you find a good used one ,it will have some charactor and be broken in already.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Joe you might ask one of our leather workers here on the forum about a plain single action belt holster in the $60 range.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

What barrel length? Cant/angle? I may have something I that fits; if so, it is yours.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Rexster wrote:What barrel length? Cant/angle? I may have something I that fits; if so, it is yours.
4 ¾" Uberti Colt SAA copy. Cant, well just picture a Bianchi Lawman, that's about it really.

Thanks,

Joe
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

OK, I thought your sixgun was this size, but I couldn't find your post describing it. This size and cant is easy; I have extras for this size SAA, with cant, right hand. I have a like-new Mernickle PS6-SA, in dark brown, which of course can be worn canted the other way, too. Look this one up, and see if you like this type. If not, I have some that are a bit more used. My email is Havecoltwilltrvl (insert "at" symbol) aol (dot) com.

You are quite welcome. Reading your posts here has been a pleasure; just my way of giving back to our community.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
Steve Collins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steve Collins »

http://www.simplyrugged.com.

The 120 with retention strap: $70.

Sourdough Pancake: $60.

Rob may have one in stock ready to ship. Check with him to make sure.
Draw quickly, shoot accurately!
S&L Training
www.sandltraining.com

NRA Life Member
fatoldfool
Levergunner 2.0

Post by fatoldfool »

Yes, check out Rob's website at SimplyRugged.com Reasonably priced and work well.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Rexster,

You have email.

Joe