OT: Thanksgiving

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

OT: Thanksgiving

Post by GonnePhishin »

Wishing all of you a great Thanksgiving.
May we all be thankful to Almighty God through his Son Jesus for all of our blessings, and pray for the leaders and people of this country to REPENT from their wickedness and turn back to God.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Thanksgiving

Post by C. Cash »

Amen.

George Washington's Thanksgiving Proclaimation 1789

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me to "recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:"

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3d day of October, A.D. 1789.

G. Washington
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Amen.

This holiday I'm out here only with the Lord and my dog Keylock. I am on my way to Erie, PA to pick up a load that I'm taking to Laredo. Good to have something to do this holiday. :)
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

AMEN. Blessings to you all. This is my favorite holiday of the year.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

And my Amen too! May all those here have a Blessed and bountiful Thanksgiving.

My Thanksgiving is going to be a memorable one!. I am thankful to God for His provision this past year and His help getting us out of Southern Calif. This year the Lord has blessed us with an early retirement (via The City of L.A. Dept . of Water & Power) and a new home in Oregon! (among many, many other blessings). We will be there next week and celebrate Christmas in our new home this year. God is Good.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

AMEN as well.

I think II Chron. 7:14 comes to mind.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

BTT, for Washington's quote.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

AMEN !!!!

A HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL, AND TO ALL A STUFFED BELLY.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

ditto and Amen, let it be so.

Mr & Mrs Grizz and all the Grizz Cubs say AMEN
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Happy Thanksgiving to all leverguns forumites and all of theirs.
Old Law Dawg
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the members and their families and friends!

Dave B
Rifleman336
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rifleman336 »

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Remeber to leave some room for the pie!!!

Rifleman 336
Never bite off more than you can chew.
a357lever
Levergunner 2.0

Post by a357lever »

Amen

we need to pray more than ever :!:
mav
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mav »

A Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Today's first reading from the book of Sirach.

And now, bless the God of all,
who has done wondrous things on earth;
Who fosters people’s growth from their mother’s womb,
and fashions them according to his will!
May he grant you joy of heart
and may peace abide among you;
May his goodness toward us endure in Israel to deliver us in our days.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Couple days late - still recovering from a turkey-induced coma. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! :D
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Happy belated Thanksgiving! We had two of our daughters home for T day, along with our son in law home from his latest tour of Iraq, and a couple of our grandkids! What a great day, we are truly thankful, and truly blessed!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/